Good Album Artwork

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like elaborate, kind of "framed" album covers like this one and the Hush Sound CD below.

Panic!+At+The+Disco+-+Pretty.+Odd.+%5B2008%5D.jpg

Just posted this one because I think it's funny. Also, pretty much all other Ben Folds Five cover art sucks.

22902.jpg

In addition to having a neat cover, this is also hands down the greatest album I've ever heard. But I'm 16, what do I know.

the-hush-sound-like-vines-album-cover.jpg

All the artwork associated with this album is great. I'm curious who the artist was.

funalbum.jpg51SEsfdrWsL._SL500_AA280_.jpgWalking-The-Dog-cover-300x300.jpg

*edited so we don't just have an image dump

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Dream_Theater_-_Metropolis_Pt._2-_Scenes_from_a_Memory.jpg

My favorite album ever, and the cover just fits. It's got so many layers & I can't help but notice something new every time I see it, just like the music.

Any album that uses artwork by Dave McKean is going to look great.

CountingCrowsThisDesertLife.jpg

Frank Zappa - We're Only In It For The Money

That's not the cover. This is:

album-the-mothers-of-invention-were-only-in-it-for-the-money.jpg

which, unlike a picture of half of the band, pretty much tells you what the album is all about. And looks good! And is funny!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

More...

Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto

51uAqL4pA4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Bird and the Bee - Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future

51bQtUAJllL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Out of Frequency

51GgsQIsbWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The xx - XX

31G7r8b4J-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Five Finger Death Punch - American Capitalist

61sHpqmwYdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Christina Aguilera - Back to Basics

5dbf225b9da049dc0ac43110.L._AA300_.jpg

the-beatles-e28093-white-album.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You lazy craps, try to write a sentence about an album if you can. When I did the good/bad thread to start the fad, I could at least be arsed to supplement each one with a subject and a predicate so it wouldn't just be an imagedump.

Thought+Industry+-+Short+Wave+On+A+Cold+Day.jpg

The Thought Industry - Short Wave on a Cold Day

Love this one. Reminds me of The Polar Express, which is particularly resonant imagery for many of us who read it in elementary school and were introduced to it as award-winning illustration. Musically, it's kind of a really accessible prog-metal, and sounds as cold and bleak as the art would lead you to believe. First five tracks are terrific and the rest are pretty good, too. Go get this!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Some of the albums posted are pretty terrible. It almost seems as if people are just posting their favourite albums regardless of the art.

Nope. Not me. Half the albums I posted I do not own. I just think the cover's great.

Some of the albums posted are pretty terrible. It almost seems as if people are just posting their favourite albums regardless of the art.

You lazy craps, try to write a sentence about an album if you can. When I did the good/bad thread to start the fad, I could at least be arsed to supplement each one with a subject and a predicate so it wouldn't just be an imagedump.

(Updated to explain why I like them/justify that I'm not just putting my favourites)

albumArt.jpg

I don't know, I've always liked the abstract-like feel to this. It's incredibly odd and random, which also reflects the music.

big-bear-doin-thangs.jpg

Does this one even need an explanation?

theory_of_a_deadman_-_gasoline.jpg

This one just looks cool. It's not too busy, but the pic is great and it reflects the bum trailer park hick sound of the CD.

1243533525_billy-talent-billy-talent-iii-2009.jpg

The colours look cool and I like the sparrows. Mind you, Billy Talent III is hardly the most creative name (you can guess what their previous two albums were called). Bonus: White Sparrows is the name of one of the tracks.

queen2bgreatest2bhits2b19922bfront.jpg?w=296

Simple, yet great-looking. The colours look awesome as well.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Ok ill update mine to explain, yes I own all of these.

ride.jpeg

The colors work so well, and its simple lightning striking a execution chair, hence ride the lightning!

master-of-puppets-thumb-500x500.jpg

Metallica's most classic cover.

meatloaf1.jpg

614vSItn%2BwL.jpg

These 2 are just fantastic and classic, I like 2 a but more than 1, as I like the blue used more and that hes about to strike the bat (also he doesnt look nude). The first one is an awesome one too, showin someone gettin out of hell!

muse-absolution-front-cover-9389.jpg

My favorite muse cover, someone just standing there looking at people floating in the air

1248133702.74229.SamsTownjpg.jpg

Best killers cover, gives you a feel for the album/

Andrew-WK-I-Get-Wet.jpg

I own this, dont play it often, but cmon the cover is great.

Archived