Cassell believes his health was the reason.......

the_cynic

Somebody's a little full of himself!

"It's difficult," Cassell said as he trudged to the team bus. "Because I know for a fact that if I [were] healthy, we'd be moving on to the next round. No doubt about it in my mind.

"We had the good fortune of playing Minnesota without a full complement of their players. ... " said Jackson, never known as the most modest of winners. "We know it takes a lot of good luck to get [to the Finals], and we had it."

In Sam's defense, even Phil Jackson admitted the Lakers got lucky by catching a Wolves team plagued by injuries.

Cassell's statements aren't as much whining as signs of remorse. He feels the team would have won if he hadn't gotten injured.

He isn't whining at all. Now, that's not to say Sam isn't full of himself. He very may well be. I wouldn't deny that. I just wouldn't say he's whining.

Hey, at least he is accepting some degree of accountability - that's refreshing in this day and age, especially in the NBA. His quotes have a very low "Leon Factor."

There's nothing whiny about this. There is nothing wrong with a player recognizing his skill. Chances are the Wolves would have moved on with Cassell.

Jason Isringhausen said the same thing last year for the Cardinals. He's their closer, and missed the first half of the season because of shoulder troubles. The Cards bullpen was really bad that first half and blew a lot of leads. Izzy said he knows that if he would have been healthy, the Cards would have won the division. And they probably would have.

i know if I was an all star, and was injured, and my team STILL had a chance to win, i would be sayin the same thing Sam did. If the Twolves had him OR Troy Hudson healthy, things would be different I'm sure. 2 injured point guards are hard to overcome.

Yeah I probably wrong about the "whine" issue but to be so bold and say that they would definitely be in the Finals if he was healthy. I don't know about that.

"Definitely" might be an overstatement, but considering how close the Wolves were, a different outcome certainly wouldn't've been out of the realm of possibility.

Dang it... when I turned the TV off, the Wolves had clawed into the lead.

Malone and Reggie Miller deserve to end their careers with no rings. :P Go Pistons!

I'd've liked to have seen Malone get a ring in Utah. The move to the Lakers disappoints me.

Miller's stayed with the Pacers through some awful times, with a minimum of grumbling about it. I wouldn't mind seeing him win it all.

I'd've liked to have seen Malone get a ring in Utah. The move to the Lakers disappoints me.

Miller's stayed with the Pacers through some awful times, with a minimum of grumbling about it. I wouldn't mind seeing him win it all.

same here.. i would have loved to see him win it in 97 0r 98, but now... its just annoying for some reason. Maybe cuz its the LAKERS. bah.

same here.. i would have loved to see him win it in 97 0r 98, but now... its just annoying for some reason. Maybe cuz its the LAKERS. bah.

I know what you mean. I used to think highly of Malone. Now if he wins a title with the Lakers it makes me think he just couldn't do it on his own

But then again, like Josh said, it's probably all because it's the Lakers. Double bah!

Why in the hell does everybody hate the Lakers? It sounds like "lobster syndrome" to me!

Well, they're the Yankees of the NBA. I'm speaking for myself here, but i hate seeing the same teams win all the time. If the Wolves lost to Sacramento, I would have cheered for the Kings in this series. It's the same as hating the big, overpowing bully.

Why in the hell does everybody hate the Lakers?  It sounds like "lobster syndrome" to me!

i thought you only liked Malone, not the Lakers per se.

Well you're correct but that doesn't mean that I can't raise the question. I'm just as guilty as the rest of you. I hated the Lakers for the longest time just as much as everybody else. It just seem like everytime a company/sport team comes around and has great success everyone else has to break them up or want to pull them back down to their level. I don't know if it's a sense of jealousy or they're just pissed that they're getting all the attention and fame and their not!

Why in the hell does everybody hate the Lakers? It sounds like "lobster syndrome" to me!

Well you're correct but that doesn't mean that I can't raise the question. I'm just as guilty as the rest of you. I hated the Lakers for the longest time just as much as everybody else. It just seem like everytime a company/sport team comes around and has great success everyone else has to break them up or want to pull them back down to their level. I don't know if it's a sense of jealousy or they're just pissed that they're getting all the attention and fame and their not!

Well, honeslty, yes I am pissed they are getting all the attention. Everytime you turn on ESPN, or anything for that matter, its "The Lakers Lose". Hmm, maybe the Timberwolves won? Perhaps? But no, they dont tell a story about how the Lakers got beat or dominated, they say what the Lakers did wrong, how hey beat themselves, blah blah blah, lakers lakers lakers. And another thing that annoys me on TnT, when they do the commercial breaks, when they show the players 'replays' or whatever, they show about 4 of 5 Lakers, and the only Twolf was Garnett. always. And if they showed more than one Twolf, he was hangin his head, or doing something not 'good'. It is just frustrating how the media favors some teams.

Well, honeslty, yes I am pissed they are getting all the attention. Everytime you turn on ESPN, or anything for that matter, its "The Lakers Lose". Hmm, maybe the Timberwolves won? Perhaps? But no, they dont tell a story about how the Lakers got beat or dominated, they say what the Lakers did wrong, how hey beat themselves, blah blah blah, lakers lakers lakers. And another thing that annoys me on TnT, when they do the commercial breaks, when they show the players 'replays' or whatever, they show about 4 of 5 Lakers, and the only Twolf was Garnett. always. And if they showed more than one Twolf, he was hangin his head, or doing something not 'good'. It is just frustrating how the media favors some teams.

Here's some advice.......GET USED TO IT!

Archived