Bobcats new colors?

frosty06306

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does the new Bobcats logo look like a sticker of the old Bobcats logo that has been sitting out in the sunlight for years and is now faded?

I don't know - I think the colors may be an improvement, but the uniforms are a downgrade:

CharlotteBobcats_SAM01a_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

CharlotteBobcats_PMK01a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Is it just me or does the new Bobcats logo look like a sticker of the old Bobcats logo that has been sitting out in the sunlight for years and is now faded?

I don't know - I think the colors may be an improvement, but the uniforms are a downgrade:

The orange and white letters pop much more.. But the grey cat looks awful. Give me the new primary with the orange cat and it'd be pretty good. I guess im in the minority but I like the profile bobcat always have. Don't much care for the front view 2ndary at all looks feminine to me like the Minnesota lynx logo. Not that feminine = bad just don't like that particular logo. Bobcats profile view logo is rare in NBA most are front or 3/4th view.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I've always been much more of a fan of the profile head logo as well, never really liked the frontal view logo for some reason. I don't like the change to grey, though.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The orange and white letters pop much more.. But the grey cat looks awful. Give me the new primary with the orange cat and it'd be pretty good. I guess im in the minority but I like the profile bobcat always have. Don't much care for the front view 2ndary at all looks feminine to me like the Minnesota lynx logo. Not that feminine = bad just don't like that particular logo. Bobcats profile view logo is rare in NBA most are front or 3/4th view.

I totally agree with you ColorWerx that the colors are an improvement and like goforbroke said, Charlotte pops out at me and the bobCAT just looks totally wrong. So I recolored both logos to see how it would look and I think using the bobcat as orange is the only way to go. Even though I know they are trying to get rid of Orange but it is a nice secondary color that not many teams have.

And it also bothers me that the outline of the primary and secondary logos are different colors.

bobcats.png

You can recolor it all you want, there's no way to make that logo look good.

Now, instead of having a muddled, weak, ugly identity, they have a muddled, weak, ugly identity that is a direct and obvious ripoff of the Dallas Mavericks.

Somebody get the Hornets back in Charlotte and put an end to this mess once and for all.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

You can recolor it all you want, there's no way to make that logo look good.

Now, instead of having a muddled, weak, ugly identity, they have a muddled, weak, ugly identity that is a direct and obvious ripoff of the Dallas Mavericks.

Somebody get the Hornets back in Charlotte and put an end to this mess once and for all.

Stop-Brand-Swap.png

I was never too big of the fan of the top one but the recolor of this logo makes me throw up. It looks like one of those neon logo signs in bars. It just doesn't work. The ugly tarhole blue makes no sense and looks out of place, not sure why they thickened the stroke either (or maybe it just looks thicker because of the lighter color).

I don't really mind the forward facing one with the ball on the side but this version is just horrible. I'm just ready for the Hornets identity to be freed up so we can snatch it back (at least I would hope they would have the common sense to do so). Alas, I'll root just as hard for the Bobcats until that happens but I'm definitely not buying any merchandise.

PNdeG.png

Dear Mr. Jordan, was it that hard?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived