New York Rangers Alternate Concept

DawgPacPBH

I love it. How about adding Lady Liberty as the shoulder patch?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Dallas does it and it looks like crap. You do it and it looks great!

Absolutely, NYR has history with this look, Dallas, however... Great concept, maybe ad a shoulder patch?

i'm a stars fan that wants the team to wear green sweaters with the primary logo on the chest... but this comment you just made makes almost no sense.

the stars have way more history wearing this style than the rangers. the stars have already worn it 5 times longer than the rangers, and with no plans to change until after this upcoming season, it'll be 6 years in that style against the rangers one season in 1946-47.

just because something happened a long time ago doesn't mean it is fitting or relevant. to hate it on dallas, but like it on new york because of historical precedent is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

either way, i have no issue with wordmarks on jerseys. my main gripe with the stars is the lack of green... which has nothing at all to do with this well made concept.

my only complaint with this concept is that it seems too blue and red, with not enough white. the rangers always seem to keep their color balance in the same range, and this seems to tip those scales a little bit, though i can't quite put my finger on it. i think it's the hemstripes/diaper effect i don't like. i think it would look especially odd with the rangers trademark red pants.

Dallas does it and it looks like crap. You do it and it looks great!

Absolutely, NYR has history with this look, Dallas, however... Great concept, maybe ad a shoulder patch?

i'm a stars fan that wants the team to wear green sweaters with the primary logo on the chest... but this comment you just made makes almost no sense.

the stars have way more history wearing this style than the rangers. the stars have already worn it 5 times longer than the rangers, and with no plans to change until after this upcoming season, it'll be 6 years in that style against the rangers one season in 1946-47.

just because something happened a long time ago doesn't mean it is fitting or relevant. to hate it on dallas, but like it on new york because of historical precedent is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

either way, i have no issue with wordmarks on jerseys. my main gripe with the stars is the lack of green... which has nothing at all to do with this well made concept.

my only complaint with this concept is that it seems too blue and red, with not enough white. the rangers always seem to keep their color balance in the same range, and this seems to tip those scales a little bit, though i can't quite put my finger on it. i think it's the hemstripes/diaper effect i don't like. i think it would look especially odd with the rangers trademark red pants.

What the heck are you talking about, the Stars have used that lackluster wordmark since '07, I must be missing the point of this, but anyway, maybe it is a flimsy argument on my part. Doesn't matter, I like the concept and the wordmark works for the Rangers, IMO.

• 1 month later...

Archived