Logolympiad: Event 11

As homer Simpson said about his "Salute to Hazing" Float:

"Everyone hold up cause I've got to explain most of this!"

Or maybe not...

Here was my thinking:

Adrian: "You can do one thing for me."

Rocky: "What's that?"

Adrian: "Win."

Rocky...Philly...Eh? Eh? Thought the team would could show that scene when the game starts or gets tight. I know its not typical...but i liked how it turned out...It could use a black outline perhaps...but anyway...Enjoy!

wingsalt1.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you guys really took the edge off of the good feelings I had about making a real live logo. Quite a buzz kill.

about the logo, its nice but doesnt look like it would be used for a sports team...i would suggest maybe killing the shadow behind it and the gradient in the wings, use solid colors.

Those were actually the metallicized versions for the commerative lapel pins that the Wings will be selling. Here's the actual flat version of the logo.

AAAwingX2a.jpg

And these will be in the team shoppe shortly - $21.95 a piece. However CCSL members will get a 15% discount.

wingshats.jpg

Hey everybody... I know none of you probably recognize me since I haven't posted anything since long before the switch to the new board. Anyway... here's my first entry into the olympiad. Comments would be greatly appreciated since this is my first shot at doing anything in a LONG while. ... now I just gotta make sure I don't screw up posting the image...

PhilaWings.jpg

"So JamesCraven, what would say about Gamingboy's logo?"
"I have nothing more to say about this that is either relevant or true."

-Winston Churchill, upon looking at a test question at Eton in 1887.

Enough said.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Thanks... I made it custom specifically for this thing. And yeah, personally I thought it'd look awesome on a cap too, but I just figured I was biased.

WOW!!!!

WOW!!!!!

You created that P just for this competition? It's not part of any other font that I could find on the internet?

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

You sir have my vote, my first born child's vote and the vote of every MoJoTo that comes down the line.......

Outstanding Stuff!!!!!1

Thanks... I made it custom specifically for this thing.  And yeah, personally I thought it'd look awesome on a cap too, but I just figured I was biased.

WOW!!!!

WOW!!!!!

You created that P just for this competition? It's not part of any other font that I could find on the internet?

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

You sir have my vote, my first born child's vote and the vote of every MoJoTo that comes down the line.......

Outstanding Stuff!!!!!1

Wow, a little over excited there? :P

Thanks... I made it custom specifically for this thing. And yeah, personally I thought it'd look awesome on a cap too, but I just figured I was biased.

WOW!!!!

WOW!!!!!

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

Outstanding Stuff!!!!!1

The man created a font/letter heretofore never seen on the internet or in the graphics world.

That deserves it's just rewards.

WOW!!!!

WOW!!!!!

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

Outstanding Stuff!!!!!1

The man created a font/letter heretofore never seen on the internet or in the graphics world.

... alot of people design their own letters without using a certain set font. His was really good but settle down man.

WOW!!!!

WOW!!!!!

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

Outstanding Stuff!!!!!1

... alot of people design their own letters without using a certain set font. His was really good but settle down man.

Fractions? There's no such thing as fractions! You think the man has time for fractions?

The man created a whole new world of fontology, dude.

Respect that and give him his due.

here's my attempt. I dunno though.

phi2.jpg

Dude, that looks exactly like the time a bat flew into my garden mesh trellis and splattered all over my lounge chair that was on the patio.

It was not pretty.

But yours is, dude. I have a special place in my heart for that kind of art.

NIIIIICE!

hahahaha you know what, that does look more like lattice work than the net on a lacrosse stick :P I think the problem I have with it now that I look at it is that I gave it zero depth. The problem now is I am too lazy to go back and fix said problem ;)

MoJoTo,I know that your daughter is nine,but exactly how old are you?Just curious.

I'll be 16 next week

Ask a dumb question.......

My apologies for taking up valuable thread space

98Falcons.png

Here is my submission.

Before you judge the final product, I beg you to judge the concept, not only what you see.

Last time I checked, CC was hosting a Sports Logos Community not an Pro Illustrator Industry Forum.

I have all the tools possible, PSP, Photoshop, Illustrator and Freehand, but you guys stimulate my Creativity and my Competitive nature so much, that it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE for me to sit down here and go through any tutorial and learn those wonderful tool, I just jump ahead, launch Paint and just do it...

One thing is obvious here, there is no Clip-Art, no borrowing, this is 100% ORIGINAL, and as some of you already noted from other posts, is a simple concept.

Feedback is more then welcome, it's required.

PWings.GIF

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Here is my submission.

Before you judge the final product, I beg you to judge the concept, not only what you see.

Last time I checked, CC was hosting a Sports Logos Community not an Pro Illustrator Industry Forum.

I have all the tools possible, PSP, Photoshop, Illustrator and Freehand, but you guys stimulate my Creativity and my Competitive nature so much, that it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE for me to sit down here and go through any tutorial and learn those wonderful tool, I just jump ahead, launch Paint and just do it...

One thing is obvious here, there is no Clip-Art, no borrowing, this is 100% ORIGINAL, and as some of you already noted from other posts, is a simple concept.

Feedback is more then welcome, it's required.

PWings.GIF

Frenchie,

most of my logos are done in paint. The trick to making them look half-decent is to at least make them big so they're a decent resolution. Make it freakin oversized if you have to... you can always shrink it later. Your concept is awesome... make it bigger!

Archived