Fake Version

OTH67logo.png

Real Version

1967-Road.png

Don't forget the fakes using this

h0jxcvxe4oez1fa5czicp5zv1.gif

in place of this

v7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif

for the shoulder patches in the new jerseys. It just looks terrible.

This. At least it makes playing "spot the knockoff" that much easier.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

uorovupw0jagctt6iu1huivi9.gif

This logo has a few outdated elements that hold the Pirates identity back as a whole. That script above the jolly roger has not been used on a uniform since 2005. Also, this logo is still the only place where the Pirates use red (they also have the jolly-roger logo as a patch, but that doesn't count since it spawns out of this logo).

The Pirates need to stick with what they're good at: Black, gold, and white. Simple, classy, and timeless.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The fantastic Flip Flop Flyball has a Yankee NY logo graphic for those that haven't seen it already:

http://www.flipflopflyin.com/flipflopflyball/info-yankeeslogos.html

Yeah, that's a good one.

I disagree that the cap logo would look good in all applications, though; as gorgeous as it is on white against a dark background I don't think it looks nearly strong enough in blue against a light background. The Yankees need to keep their jersey and cap logos as they are.

The Cardinals have throughout history had some different versions of their STL logo show up, but even as recently as 3-4 years ago when you'd expect teams to pay more attention to detail, they had on logo embroidered on their caps and another listed as their official STL that frankly looks cheap and like a mistake. This version appeared on the batting helmet.

I remember ColorWerx telling us it was fixed a few years back, and relatively quickly we saw the right one implemented. Still find the old one out there occasionally.

The major differences seem to be that the blue stroke was applied halfway over the white letters, thus making them thinner, and that the crossbar on the T was perfectly straight.

The fantastic Flip Flop Flyball has a Yankee NY logo graphic for those that haven't seen it already:

http://www.flipflopflyin.com/flipflopflyball/info-yankeeslogos.html

Yeah, that's a good one.

I disagree that the cap logo would look good in all applications, though; as gorgeous as it is on white against a dark background I don't think it looks nearly strong enough in blue against a light background. The Yankees need to keep their jersey and cap logos as they are.

The Yankees logo is only good because it's been around so long and been apart of so much success. Thus it's become iconic. Being in New York likely helped too.

Aside from that, it's not any design I'd endorse. In every form, it's lines are sloppy, there's no consistency in angles or curves. And as you point out, it requires different variations to work in certain applications.

It won't happen because the mere mention that the Yankees are modifying something would send people into :censored:fits, but it would be great to see the Yankees have a designer concoct a single NY design that keeps all the same characteristics of the various current NY logos, but is cleaner in execution and requires little if any variation to work in all applications. The one variation I could handle would be having a bolder logo (but of the same shape) appear on the jersey.

It'd be a change noticed by very few, and perhaps that means it's not necessary. But a simpler and more consistent brand is usually helpful, even if it's just behind the scenes.

Archived