mcrosby

MLS by mcrosby and capitalcanuck

I love the colors chosen. The purple and gold together are something I would like to see even more of, maybe gold stripes rather than red on the primary? I hate to nitpick but the three kits don't seem to match each other. We've got three different designs, three different collars, three different socks. The alternate is my favorite, I really like how the colors are utilized.

Only other design element I can comment on is the socks. Not sure if I like the mismatch design but I can definitely see a kit manufacturer making that their next "thing."

As for my campaign for the Rowdies, maybe I just really want to see what you guys would come up with for the green and yellow hoops. :P

@twi most european teams for instance dont have the came kits as home and away with inverted colors take Champions League Winner Chelsea

home

Chelsea+Kit+11-12.png

Change

19044.jpg

3rd

3291.jpg

I was making the league more like its counterparts in europe

Just a bump to get the image on the 2nd page.

2012: The MLS expands to bring an even number of teams to the league, 20. After many problems getting the NY Cosmos off the ground the MLS goes back to the NASL for an expansion team following the success of recent NASL 'perma-promotions'. This time around the MLS returns to Florida with much fanfare. Orlando City SC is already an established brand in the area and only gains more with the increased level of competition. The team updates their logo for the promotion and adds jerseys that have a classic feel yet are unique to the MLS.

ORLhome.png

ORLchange.png

ORL3rd.png

Your Orlando City logo is 1000% better than the one they're using now.

More C&C earns a sneak peak of a possible addition to our league....

Love how you've decided to switch up kit makers, but don't love how you've decided to keep the awful number font that MLS currently uses. But that is a minor thing.

The only other nitpick I'd have is on the third - I'm think having the thing gold band along with the thick purple band is a bit too much.

Otherwise I love these. Especially the purple and red home.

Gahh! I can appreciate the golden kit, but those things always make my eyes squeal. I couldn't imagine anything sexier than a solid red kit, with purple and gold trims. I really like what you did with the home kit, giving it a classic and royal feel with a modernized set of red stripes on the royal purple jersey. But I know I'm not a fan of the gold jersey, and I don't know how I feel about what you did on the alternate. I think your idea is decent, but I don't like it for this team with their sick logo and such a boring alternate. Plus I feel like more boxes or lines would look pretty cool instead of simple rounded shapes. I understand purple and gold seem to be the primary and secondary colors, but I could see the inclusion of more red and trimming of gold would look much cooler. Although, I can understand avoiding something similar to Real Salt Lake, but that's why I still suggest going back to the old colors of royal blue, red, and gold. But this first concept is a great sign, and is very well done. Very excited to see the rest!

As for those two expansion teams, I think two cities which could handle teams are Phoenix, AZ and Green Bay, WI (with all of Wisconsin already used to driving to Packers games, plus there's a storied and unbelievable sports atmosphere already built in the town.)

I agree that the gold band on the third is too much and I think you should lighten the shade of gold used in this concept. I think there is too much clutter on the jerseys too. Between the flag, the MLS logo, the Nike swoosh, the Nike Fit, the 90, and the advertisement, it just takes away from the concept. Out of all the sets, I think the home is the best and even though you want to use different kits, I would suggest using the home kit for the aways for Orlando City. Otherwise, the logo, looks fantastic and I love how the logo is featured on the sock. Will you be doing this with all of the logos?

The team names, locations, and logos are all great. You chose your cities very wisely and gave some deserving cities a chance at a major sports franchise (Albuquerque, San Juan) The addition of the Empire State Building really helps the Red Bulls feel more New York and Islanders logo you made is fantastic. I think that DC United's rebrand is too similar to Detroit and St. Louis and having three new designs that are similar would be confusing. I think the maroon and gold best works for St. Louis and you should re do the other two. Pacific Division is beautiful all around. No complaints. I think you should change the name of the San Antonio franchise to Alamo Arsenal FC. I like your changes to Houston and Colorado and Albuquerque is very nice.

I think the top priority for a new team is Las Vegas. It is close to Los Angles and could have a great rivalry with the Galaxy. Las Vegas has no professional sports teams and you can see how in a town where there is only 2 pro sports teams(and the Mariners don't even count), Seattle, soccer thrives. Imagine how soccer would do in a city that has no competition. Remember how I was saying how DC United needed a re brand? What if we moved them to Las Vegas and called them the Red Devils, Man United's nickname? They would still keep their identity and relation to Man U, but they would be in a city that wants them and probably get a new Soccer Specific Stadium before they will in DC. And then, after they move, David Beckham could buy the franchise. Green Bay could be a possibility becuase they need something to do all summer in that town, but the team would have to be very closely tied to the Packers identity and they would have to play in Lambeau field. Another option is San Diego or San Francisco. San Diego is a very large city with only two professional sports teams and soccer is loved up in the Bay Area. (I don't really count San Jose as part of the Bay Area amd I think it could definetly support another team.

The jerseys for Olando City are good, but have the potential to be great. The problem is, I feel like you're trying a little too hard. On the white jersey especially, there is just way too much going on. If you delete the blue band with the logo on it and that gold band the jersey will look significantly better. I also don't love that number font, but that isn't your creation so not your fault. Nice work by mcrosby and capitalcanuck so far overall.

Well you've earned it. Here is a peak at a potential addition.

Picture22-1.png

Picture22-1.png

Bayern Milwaukee. Awesome name.

I do have one problem. Great that Atlanta has a team...but no one is going to know where they're from by just Terminus Rising FC...

Love the name! Great way to tie Milwaukees German heritage into the MLS. Still hoping for the Las Vegas Red Devils though.

Picture22-1.png

Bayern Milwaukee. Awesome name.

I do have one problem. Great that Atlanta has a team...but no one is going to know where they're from by just Terminus Rising FC...

I agree on this. The fact that Atlanta used to be called Terminus is not well-known enough to name the team after it, and I still think the logo is too KKK-like

Love the name! Great way to tie Milwaukees German heritage into the MLS. Still hoping for the Las Vegas Red Devils though.

...Or maybe Las Vegas Eleven? I always thought that would be a good name. For another city that doesn't already have a pro team, I'd like to see a team in Honolulu. Also nice work on Orlando. If it were me, though, I'd put more emphasis on red than gold. Those colors, after all, were inspired by ACF Fiorentia (sp?) and their purple and red color scheme.

Atlanta Arsenal? In the spirit of modelling teams after European ancestors. Also Las Vegas Red Devils is a good fit, Philsphan

INTER ATLANTA. INTER ATLANTA. INTER ATLANTA.

(Was my MLS fantasy team name this year. Just rolls off the tongue.)

Atlanta Arsenal? In the spirit of modelling teams after European ancestors. Also Las Vegas Red Devils is a good fit, Philsphan

INTER ATLANTA. INTER ATLANTA. INTER ATLANTA.

(Was my MLS fantasy team name this year. Just rolls off the tongue.)

It's also fitting given that Hartsfield-Jackson has been recognized as the world's busiest airport since 1998.

capitalcanuck took a camping trip so we're waiting on a few kits from that end. until then. an updated league. evening out the divisions was a priority for us so we've added two teams. The new league has 32 teams....maybe enough for promotion and relegation?

Picture28.png

I like the inclusion of Las Vegas but the Las Vegas Quicksilvers just doesn't roll off the tounge. How about the Sin City Quicksilvers? Bayern Milwaukee looks good. I know I already said this, but I think AC StL, Detroit and DC United look too similar. Their color schemes are practically the same and they are all brand new identities for the MLS.

Although I like the idea of playing up Milwaukee's Bavarian heritage, I think a name like Bayern Milwaukee makes as much sense as a name like SV Wisconsin Munchen.

That said, the crest is >gorgeous< and I love how you contained it in the gear from the city flag (as ugly as the flag is).