Way Too Early NCAA 2012 Predictions

pianoknight

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WVU is a bunch of crap when compared to the BIG 2 of the BIG12 (texas and oklahoma) Texas will have the best defense in the BIG12 possibly in the nation only tied with alabam,and lsu. With jackson jeffcoat and alex oakafor and the juco transfer DT, the dline will be unstoppable, as for the dbs, almost all of the dbs last year were freashmen or sophmores to a grown up secondary. Texas will win the BIG12 becasue of defense and the amazing running back stable of Malcom Brown, Joe Burgeron, and and thethe current leader in number of hs touchdowns Johnathan Gray.

"Ima fair mah sisshootah an lissen PAAAWWWWLLLL"?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bo Pelini goes all Liu Kang on Taylor Martinez.

I'd think Brian Fury would be a bit better comparo, no?

No, I mean Pelini will literally transform into a Chinese dragon and bite Martinez off at the waist. Probably during the Michigan game.

/Bold Predictions, remember?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ah, got you now. Good one!

#downforwardbackbackHK

#animality

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Bo Pelini goes all Liu Kang on Taylor Martinez.

I'd think Bryan Fury would be a bit better comparo, no?

Fixed your post, man.

Secondly... No. If Taylor Martinez starts screwing things up at Nebraska, then you'll be seeing a real life re-enactment of what Hazama did to poor Noel Vermillion in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

(Top that, you two. :P)

Now, for some way to early picks from your friendly neighborhood Seadragon (Mind you, these are going to be at least 75% wrong)

-Of the four newcomers to the FBS, UTSA will have the best season with at least 5 wins (BTW, they play Texas A&M-Commerce in Week 2. I believe that is the first time since the Divisional split in 1978 that a Division I-A school is playing a Division II school. They add in a NAIA school to that list when they host NW Oklahoma State two weeks later)

-Missouri and Texas A&M will have subpar seasons in the SEC and most of their fans will start to wonder 'Why did we leave the Big 12? At least we stand a punchers chance in that league'

-Georgia will be the darkhorse team for the National Championship. Why? No Arkansas, No Alabama and No LSU (Until the SEC Championship)

WVU is a bunch of crap when compared to the BIG 2 of the BIG12 (texas and oklahoma) Texas will have the best defense in the BIG12 possibly in the nation only tied with alabam,and lsu. With jackson jeffcoat and alex oakafor and the juco transfer DT, the dline will be unstoppable, as for the dbs, almost all of the dbs last year were freashmen or sophmores to a grown up secondary. Texas will win the BIG12 becasue of defense and the amazing running back stable of Malcom Brown, Joe Burgeron, and and thethe current leader in number of hs touchdowns Johnathan Gray.

what?????

South Carolina or Southern California?

When ESPN talks about USC, they're talking about USC. When they talk about South Carolina, they say "South Carolina".

Well it wasn't ESPN saying it was it? USC is accepted for both, and South Carolina has a much better chance of all 3, honestly. ( Baseball for sure.)

1) Who owns the "USC" trademark? The University of Southern California.

2) I'm completely joking. USC Basketball sucks and the baseball team hasn't been good for a while..... but there's no way you're telling me South Carolina has a better chance at the football crown than Southern California! USC is ranked by many as the preseason #1. Oh, and in my original joke, I was talking about every sport... but you guys in the SEC have never heard of another sport outside of Football, Basketball, and baseball.

what?????

Finebaum for Texans. Perhaps running spell a cursory pre-post spell and grammar check would help.

Today, we are all otaku.

What if A&M and Mizzou went in the SEC and did work? I am not saying they will, just asking. Would you respect the two programs more or would you lose respect for the SEC?

I'd give those two more respect because they are able to survive in the cutthroat world of SEC football. Let's face it, there is no better football played then in the SEC.

I don't expect huge things this season because it is their first year, but give them time. They'll get acclimated to their new surroundings and find success in their own way.

When ESPN talks about USC, they're talking about USC. When they talk about South Carolina, they say "South Carolina".

Well it wasn't ESPN saying it was it? USC is accepted for both, and South Carolina has a much better chance of all 3, honestly. ( Baseball for sure.)

2) I'm completely joking. USC Basketball sucks and the baseball team hasn't been good for a while..... but there's no way you're telling me South Carolina has a better chance at the football crown than Southern California! USC is ranked by many as the preseason #1. Oh, and in my original joke, I was talking about every sport... but you guys in the SEC have never heard of another sport outside of Football, Basketball, and baseball.

No, we've heard of them, those are just the three the casual fan keeps up with.

I think Missouri's going to pull 7 wins and a trip to Shreveport out this season. The SEC East is kind of bad.

Today, we are all otaku.

Kentucky notwithstanding, there's only two sports seasons for SEC schools: Football and Spring Football.

El Oh El

I'll grant you Oklahoma is good, but Geno Smith is going to eat the Texas defence for breakfast. Have fun in the Pinstripe Bowl.

1zqy8ok.gif

1. Southern Cal does not solely own that trademark. South Carolina does as well. You may be thinking of the interlocking "SC" logo.

2. The University of South Carolina was established before California was even a state.

Conference Champs:

Big East: Louisville 12-1; Will face Ok.St in Fiesta Bowl or Clemson in Orange Bowl

ACC: Clemson 10-3; Will face UofL in Orange Bowl

B1G: Michigan St. 11-2; Will face Oregon in Rose Bowl

Pac-12: USC 13-0; Will be in the NC Game

SEC: LSU 12-1; Will be in the Sugar Bowl

Big XII: West Virgina 12-0; NC Game

At Larges: Ok. St (11-1), Georgia (11-1), and LA Tech (12-0)

BCS Bowls:

Sugar Bowl: LSU vs LA Tech

Orange Bowl: Louisville vs Clemson

Rose Bowl: Michigan St vs Oregon

Fiesta Bowl: Ok. St vs Georgia

NC Game: USC vs WVU

What do you guys think about this? B)

If a team only loses 1 game in the SEC, they will be in the National Championship Game.

A 1-loss SEC champion is no guarantee to play in the NCG if there's an undefeated Pac-12 champion (especially if it's Southern Cal) and undefeated Big XII champion.

Now, there's no way in hell West Virginia goes through the Big XII undefeated. They won't be able to pad their stats like they did playing against Big East and ACC teams.....

A 1-loss SEC champion is no guarantee to play in the NCG if there's an undefeated Pac-12 champion (especially if it's Southern Cal) and undefeated Big XII champion.

Now, there's no way in hell West Virginia goes through the Big XII undefeated. They won't be able to pad their stats like they did playing against Big East and ACC teams.....

They padded their stats pretty well when they played Georgia and Oklahoma...

Oh and if we want to go more current, Geno threw for over 460 yards against LSU last season. How's that for padding stats?

90758391980.gif

They padded their stats pretty well when they played Georgia and Oklahoma...

I don't remember West Virginia playing Georgia or Oklahoma last season. Not quite sure how relevant bowl games (with a month of preparation) from 2005 and 2007 are when 2012 predictions are being made (based on the previous season's play).

Oh and if we want to go more current, Geno threw for over 460 yards against LSU last season. How's that for padding stats?

1. West Virginia was down 20 points to LSU at halftime. At West Virginia. They had to throw the ball in the second half.

2. When the game truly mattered, WV only had 226 total yards at the half. West Virginia piled up the yardage once LSU let their foot off the gas.

3. 460 passing yards don't mean much when you're throwing the ball 65 times and turning the ball over 4 times (plus a turnover on downs).

How is that not padding stats?

Archived