The Cleveland Browns Project

rtrich11

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the delay in postings or the fact that the images were removed. It was a bandwidth issue on my web host.

Anyway, I cleaned up the two most popular Browns logos. Since there is no client steering this, I don't have to pick, do I?

The first one I'm posting is the shield, derived from Cleveland's own flag. I changed the top a bit. I like the Cleveland at the bottom, but with this typeface I don't know if it's strong enough. To pick another it would have to be a really bold version of the same font or an altogether different looking font, like a script, perhaps. I'd like to know what y'all think on that.

BrownsRichardsShield.jpg

Second one is the C. This was actually harder than it looks to get the line weights in a readable harmony. I went with the drop shadow version just because it adds more interest and a little bit more of the color brown.

BrownsRichardsC.jpg

I'm not a fan of drop shadows but I find that it works so well here with the block C, and doesn't just leave it as a redundant standalone block letter. This is definitely a logo I can see Cleveland fans embracing

Midway.png

Yea I agree lose the drop shadow or the outline all together and your good. If you really want to have a shield kind of shape I'd try to get rid of the "banner" idea that you have. Just something... different. It doesn't say BROWNS. CLEVELAND. FOOTBALL. EXPLOSIONS.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I am a hater of drop shadows but this looks good both ways but see no major upgrade with the drop shadow.

I do like this as a logo & if I were the browns I would adopt this a primary immediately instead of the helmet logo which looks lame compared the the rest of the league.

I like it much better without the drop shadow. Especially for a pro team. In fact, the more I look at it, it's not even close.

People can say it looks like something that's on Teambuilder...but look at the Browns uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Jaha (John Hahn), I will try that version of the C with no drop shadow. It was mentioned a time or two in the thread before you did. One thing I was wondering about it how you felt about the line weights on my C designs, especially 1C. The thicker, bolder I got with them, the more it started to look like a block on a dark background. Well, I'll probably just post a few versions to show.

Sorry about the late reply (and no it's not John Hahn, but good guess and you got the last name right!).

Your latest version without the drop shadow looks great. I'm still not a fan of the dropshadow for a team as old-school as the Browns, even though it seems lots of those who posted earlier do like the drop-shadowed version. Sure, it is not flashy with no dropshadow, but a dropshadow makes it look as if the basic C is trying too hard, when this is the Browns. The Cleveland Browns. They don't do flashy. They do plain as well as anyone and should keep it that way.

So if they ever were to adopt any logo, your C with NO drop shadow is just the right amount of classy, and plain, to work for the Browns... and over the years as fans got exposed to it, it would have the potential to become as instantly recognizable as the Packers G.

• 1 month later...

I haven't touched this stuff in a while, but in the meantime I decided that the C without the drop shadow was the one I liked best. (Collective whew!)

I put it on some merch, including a women's t-shirt where they normally would have the football-shaped logo. One logo is better than a men's and women's separate logos.

Richards_Browns-Merch2.jpg

Archived