Justin Tuck's Facemask

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not the weirdest helmet "innovation" I've ever seen:

westbrook_brian-291x300.jpg

That's a photoshop.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Still not the weirdest helmet "innovation" I've ever seen:

westbrook_brian-291x300.jpg

That's a photoshop.

How could someone believe that is real? Lol

My bad lol. Not really a good reason to be an :censored: though, bro.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

"I want cool, new uniforms! Innovation needs to happen!"

"Weird new facemask? Hate it! So stupid!"

This place makes my head spin sometimes...

Sorry to impinge on your narrative, but as far as I can tell, each of those opinions are held by somewhere around half of this community. We don't have official collective opinions or anything.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

"I want cool, new uniforms! Innovation needs to happen!"

"Weird new facemask? Hate it! So stupid!"

This place makes my head spin sometimes...

Sorry to impinge on your narrative, but as far as I can tell, each of those opinions are held by somewhere around half of this community. We don't have official collective opinions or anything.

Except about the Buffaslug...

This is pointless and borderline dangerous. Yes, fingers CAN get suck in there, even if it's just a fingertip. Can't see this lasting any more than a few weeks, TBH.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I just have a hard time believing a pudgy lineman's fingertips could fit into those holes. Especially if they're gloved/taped/etc.

Yeah theres no way in hell a linemans fingers can fit in there, especially with gloves on.

It looks dangerous. If somebody's finger gets stuck in there, which is more possible with this facemask than a standard facemask, he's gonna get his finger ripped off. Also, it can't do anything but hinder his vision. I think this is more about looking cool and different than it is for any kind of functional purpose.

The danger may be, and any mask with alot of bars, is that it leads to the wearer having a false sense of protection and safety. Without the fear of more visible facial injuries it may lead to more reckless plays such as players leading with their helmets resulting in an increased chance to more dangerous head injuries.

There is such a thing as overkill on safety equipment, where it ends up having an opposite effect than intended, because of human nature,

Players don't usually lead with their facemasks though, they lead with the shell.

True. If you lead with the facemask you're tackling correctly

Archived