International Football Musings

crashcarson15

I'm a big fan of MLS and the Bundesliga but I've never really been a fan of the Premier League. I'm trying to get into it this year, so I was wondering what team I should cheer for. Its between Arsenal, ManU, Man City, Newcastle and Totenham.

Watch a few games featuring different teams, see who you like (style of play, uniforms, fans, atmosphere, etc.).

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the Premier League is starting in a few day, I thought I'd get this back up running.

I'm a big fan of MLS and the Bundesliga but I've never really been a fan of the Premier League. I'm trying to get into it this year, so I was wondering what team I should cheer for. Its between Arsenal, ManU, Man City, Newcastle and Totenham.

I picked out Tottenham Hotspur like 4 years ago because I liked their uniforms/crest the best, but wasn't really a fan then. It wasn't until I started watching games of different teams and playing FIFA with a bunch of teams that I actually grew to like the team the best. So the look of the team hooked me but actually seeing them play reeled me in. To pick out a team you should just watch as many matches as you can during this year and you'll naturally be drawn to like some teams more than others. After a little bit you'll be able to decide which team you like the best.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm am literally dancing with joy right now.

Rooney, Chicarito, van Persie, Young, Nani, Welbeck, Berbatov...so many good scorers.

I imagine Berbatov's probably going to be sold now, though.

As a Chelsea fan, I am shuddering in right now.

Sorry mate :P

Also, Barcelona's closing in on Alex Song. Sad day for Arsenal fans.

spacer.png

Rooney, Chicarito, van Persie, Young, Nani, Welbeck, Berbatov...so many good scorers.

As a Chelsea fan, I am shuddering right now.

Every day is a sad day for Arsenal fans :P

As a Chelsea fan, I am shuddering right now.

Every day is a sad day for Arsenal fans :P

They have so much to be sad about :P Any day that you aren't cheering for Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City. Is a sad day.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Berbatov was probably gone before the van Persie signing. And they may have a lot of great attackers, but you can only play two (maybe three, probably not though) at a time. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Chicharito get out of there in a year or so. He was starting to lose time to Welbeck last year and will see even less time on the pitch with van Persie in the fold.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Berbatov was probably gone before the van Persie signing. And they may have a lot of great attackers, but you can only play two (maybe three, probably not though) at a time. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Chicharito get out of there in a year or so. He was starting to lose time to Welbeck last year and will see even less time on the pitch with van Persie in the fold.

Not to mention they have 22-year-old Portuguese striker Bebe and 21-year-old Italian striker Federico Macheda waiting in the wings. It wouldn't surprise me to see Chicharito leave for a Spanish side or a return to Guadalajara before the 2013-14 season.

spacer.png

Agreed. Berbatov is more than likely on his way out of the EPL. Now that Man.U. have stockpiled strikers, I imagine they will entertain loan offers...maybe even sell one or two. My guess is Macheda will be loaned again (or sold)...I just don't see a place for him with the club any longer (same situation as Obertan).

The sharks will definitely be circling in attempt to steal Berbatov, Welbeck, or Chicharito.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Agreed. Berbatov is more than likely on his way out of the EPL. Now that Man.U. have stockpiled strikers, I imagine they will entertain loan offers...maybe even sell one or two. My guess is Macheda will be loaned again (or sold)...I just don't see a place for him with the club any longer (same situation as Obertan).

The sharks will definitely be circling in attempt to steal Berbatov, Welbeck, or Chicharito.

Out of all of them, the only one I'd be happy to see move would be Berba. Welbeck and Chich are younger than him, and I think both could have their values skyrocket after a year or two, making more sense to move them in the future. I also wouldn't mind losing Bebe or Machedo.

spacer.png

Robin van Persie to Man U for £24,000,000

As a Gooner this doesn't bother me as much as losing Fabregas did last year. For starters, RVP is 30 years old and entering, if not already into, the back-nine of his career. Fabregas has several more great years ahead of him. If losing him was like the Cavs losing LeBron James, losing RVP is more like the Timberwolves losing Kevin Garnett in '07 (when he was several years older than LBJ was at the time of their respective departures).

Also, a ton of things would have to go right this season (read: both Manchester clubs basically have to simultaneously faceplant in the domestic competitions, as would the top clubs on the continent during the CL knockouts) for the Gunners to raise hardware, with or without RVP in the picture.

All that said, Arsenal still have enough capable forwards and offensive-minded middies that a "hydra" approach to offense (i.e. many heads, to keep the opponent guessing on who to mark) could take some of the sting off RVP's departure, at least until a new clear-cut go-to guy emerges or is transferred in.

CCSLC signature.png

According to the Daily Mirror, United have also signed 18-year-old Chilean Angelo Henriquez. City apparently offered a larger sum to Henriquez, but instead joins United for whatever reason (maybe because, according to the article, City attempted to "hijack" him).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-angelo-1261275

Henriquez is yet another striker. I guess more than just Berbatov is moving from Old Trafford.

spacer.png

Watch a few games featuring different teams, see who you like (style of play, uniforms, fans, atmosphere, etc.).

If you search for "Which EPL team is for you", you will get lots of opinions over the years since some teams do get relegated.

Early season EPL broadcast schedule for the US.

Also remember that GolTV lost the primary rights to La Liga and Serie A (with Ligue 1 too). Those games are now on Al-Jazeera's, beIN Sports which I know is on DirecTV for sure but not anywhere else.

GolTV still has the German Bundasliga, Brazil's Brasileirão and the Argentine contract.

Archived