2012 NBA Finals Court & Uniforms

sportsfan0518

In case you have not seen, here is the court (at least Seattle's) for the 2012 NBA Finals. I wish they had the trophy on the court, but I can see why they took it off as it was too hard to call over and backs. I am still trying to find pictures of the jerseys, but odds are they have the circle shaped Finals patch on the jerseys. What do you think of all of this?

596896356.jpeg

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

That gosh-awful patch still lives! Gah. The trophy was a much better patch, bring it back.

And the finals script on it's own is too weak on the court, I think. It'd be vastly improved if the trophy were placed next to or behind it somewhere (though I'd prefer the script be scrapped altogether - this is a major sporting championship, not the White House Inaugural Ball. Much too...elegant).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That gosh-awful patch still lives! Gah. The trophy was a much better patch, bring it back.

And the finals script on it's own is too weak on the court, I think. It'd be vastly improved if the trophy were placed next to or behind it somewhere (though I'd prefer the script be scrapped altogether - this is a major sporting championship, not the White House Inaugural Ball. Much too...elegant).

The script is awesome. Nothing wrong with elegance.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The script is awesome. Nothing wrong with elegance.

To each his own I guess :) I'd just rather a championship logo look like a championship logo than a ball invitation. I preferred the early 2000's logos, just seemed more fitting.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The NHL and NFL has made a boatload of money selling those "finals" and Super Bowl patches. I have still never seen anyone in public with any NBA finals mark on their jersey.

NBA needs to make something and stick with it.

jordan.jpg

I think they should bring back the style of the 1997 nba finals jerseys.. having the nba logo in gold and the championship trophy (current version) like above

The NBA logo in gold that year was for the NBA's 50th anniversary, not the finals. All teams had that gold logo all season.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The NHL and NFL has made a boatload of money selling those "finals" and Super Bowl patches.

just curious how you know this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The NHL and NFL has made a boatload of money selling those "finals" and Super Bowl patches. I have still never seen anyone in public with any NBA finals mark on their jersey.

NBA needs to make something and stick with it.

Great point, that might've been way they got rid of the classic trophy patch on the jerseys. The only time this patch looked good was on the Mavericks road jerseys, but it looks dull on the Heat and Thunder jerseys.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

The NHL and NFL has made a boatload of money selling those "finals" and Super Bowl patches.

just curious how you know this.

I will admit it is mostly an assumption. The NHL SFC patch sold out on the NHL's store the past two years prior to this year. Super Bowl patches have also sold well. Sure they don't make millions off of it, but it would be stupid not to make money off of it.

I know that info because I worked at a jersey/sports apparel store where we could not keep finals patches in stock.

Figured this was a good place to post this. The Cavs are choosing sides to who they want to win.

tumblr_m5kjb5Ku781qe1x8qo1_500.jpg

Haha that's great. During Game 1 me and my buddies were wondering who is more salty about these Finals, Cleveland or Seattle. I just can imagine humanized versions of the cities just sitting at a bar watching the Finals all bitter and miserable.

90758391980.gif

I just can imagine humanized versions of the cities just sitting at a bar watching the Finals all bitter and miserable.

Speak for yourself. I think the majority of both fanbases have moved on, or at least the mentally healthy fans. It's been years for both since the Lebron signing and SEA/OKC relocation.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived