2012 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, so far in week 3 we've seen games at the two opposite ends of the spectrum... Montreal came back to put up 2 TDs in the last 2 minutes and change to beat Calgary in a thriller, while Edmonton ran up a 35-0 halftime lead over Winnipeg and never looked back.

I checked the score Thursday, and the Als were losing 25-13 midway through the 4th quarter, and I was upset, I didn't want to hear about the game for 2 days. I checked the score last night, and found out the Als won, I just had to see the highlights. The D came through to set up the winning TD. I was able to sleep good after that.

I checked the score Thursday, and the Als were losing 25-13 midway through the 4th quarter, and I was upset, I didn't want to hear about the game for 2 days. I checked the score last night, and found out the Als won, I just had to see the highlights. The D came through to set up the winning TD. I was able to sleep good after that.

I'm in the Rona pool and I had picked Montreal to win and 61-70 for total game points. I went to bed with Calgary leading 18-13 early in the fourth, thinking that there would be no way that 30 pts. were going to be scored in the fourth, and that Montreal looked like a beaten team. Imagine my surprise when I got up in the middle of the night to feed my son and checked the scores to find out that Montreal won it 33-32... ^_^

tigercatssignature-1.png

Β 

Β 

Β 

Not to be in panic mode but we might be looking at a 6-12 season for the Bombers.

They need to win some games if they're going to get to 6-12. An 0-4 start won't help, and they might have it after tonight.

CFL is coming to NBCSN:

Per Deadspin via NBCSN Press Release: http://deadspin.com/5928071/desperate-for-live-programming-nbc-sports-network-turns-to-canadian-football

Aside from the NHL, NBCSN doesn't have broadcast rights for any major sports. That's about to change, though, because here comes the CFL.

Starting August 27, NBCSN will show 14 CFL games, including the 100th Grey Cup. The NFL Network showed a few games during last summer's lockout, but when the labor dispute ended, so did any faint American interest in 12-man football.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

So Alex Brink given the reigns for one more week, when the Bombers return home (:censored: Finally!!!!) in search of their first victory. As in the past Bomber fans aren't afraid to show how they feel about their team's performance, and on top of them not being able to watch in a beautiful new stadium, they still have one more year at the old bird! Unkind to anyone of a taller or bigger stature.

With that said. I think the Bombers can right the ship, they're slowly getting healthy, and they'll have 2 weeks at home, then a bye, then 2 more home games.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

I don't think there was any serious risk of the Bombers going winless!

The Bombers put together an impressive performance considering several starters are still injured. There is still a lot of work to do for them, though. But for the forced fumble with a minute left, the Eskimos would have taken the win. At the very least, the Bomber core of young Canadians is looking better - Cory Watson was everywhere in the first half, and Labbe was much more effective heading up the D.

Yeah, I knew I had heard the voice before when I flipped on the Argos-Als game, but it didn't click until Glen Suitor called him "Matt" at one point. I think he did a great job.

Archived