2012 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

Well, that was quite the comeback by Hamiton.

LOL Matt Devlin doing the play by play for the BC-Calgary game.

Edit: I just found out he also did last night's Argos-Als game.

He also announces football games on the Big Ten Network. You can do a lot worse than him thats for sure.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cripes, I'd take Matt Devlin over Rod Black any day. The Brits can keep him after the Olympics are over.

Breakwood's comments clarify things a little... I was wondering how a basketball announcer could be so good at calling football, but it turns out he is pretty experienced with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Bombers push the panic button and fire coach LaPolice.

What a shoddy turn of events for LaPolice. After being dealt a terrible hand by upper management (lousy personnel moves by Joe Mack and having the first 4 games on the road due to management incompetence), as well as bad luck due to injuries, he is being forced to pay the price - unjustly. A damn shame.

For the Americans looking for tv coverage NBC Sports Network picking up games through the Grey Cup starting Monday Night.

Weird Monday night game in Toronto... I think Rogers is now giving the Argos terrible home dates out of spite.

This is more or less consistent with my experience of Rogers customer service in general.

Bombers can turn the season around tonight with a win over Riders. Hopefully they get it done. Saskatchewan did it to us last year give Ken Miller the job at labor day, hopefully Tim Burke can do the same thing. Get us a point.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Well I have something to refer to the next time a Rider fan complains about the Stamps running up the score.

(even though I don't have a problem with that)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

What a disturbing game. That was basically the dream where you show up naked to a school assembly and everybody laughs, except in this case it really happened... the Bombers were brutally exposed as one of the worst teams in all time CFL history on Sunday afternoon.

At this point the best thing for the Bombers would be to get blown out in every one of their remaining games so that the entire organization will have to be completely gutted from top to bottom. I'm not just talking about Mack and Pierce and whomever. I'm talking the board of directors, the accountants, the janitors. Every single last one of them should be gone.

Great game today as Calgary beats Edmonton 31-30.

It was too close--but that's because I cared who won--still it was exciting to watch.

But in some ways I would have preferred this type of game, with a similar result...

But it wouldn't have been as good for potential fans, or those who didn't care who won--who wanted a close game.

And a win is a win.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Category 1 shiatstorm brewing in Winnipeg following the 52-0 blowout in Saskatchewan. There was already a fan backlash brewing from the innumerable management screwups over the past year, but the premature firing of HC Paul LaPolice followed by one of the worst beatings in 80+ years of franchise history have got people outraged and calling for the head of GM Joe "Mr." Mack. It was the lead story on at least one local newscast... I haven't seen a sports story get this much news attention in town since the Jets came back.

Archived