2012 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bombers lose a heartbreaker. I know Tim Burke took blame for the loss after electing to punt, with the wind at his back other than risk missing a 42 yard field that would have forced Saskatchewan to score a Touchdown to win. I mean Burke is obviously putting faith into a defense that played tremendous up to that final drive. Blame the management if you like, blame Burke. This terrible season falls into the hands of the players. Way to undisplined, and it's almost like Odell Willis gave a virus to this team. "Swaggeritus" Last year it was more annoying then comfident, one player shouldn't make a defense.

This team is too talented to be 2-8. I mean a consistent Quarterback, something that's been alluding them for what seems like a decade now. On to McMahon Stadium AKA the House of Horrors, people make a big deal out of the Bombers not winning in Regina on Labour Day since 2004. Well, they haven't won in Calgary since 2002. Each year it gets closer, and this time we're playing Kevin Glenn, which gives us a better chance than any year in the past.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This team is too talented to be 2-8.

That's what is so frustrating about the Bombers. They get blown out one week or they lose in heartbreaking fashion. Cross your fingers this Friday in Calgary.

They've done the total-blowout thing, they've lost on the last second field goal (twice in the last 3 games!)... maybe this week the Bombers will invent another, even more agonizing way to lose?

I witnessed a team that doesn't know how to try.

Bombers have clearly given up. I agree with the guy who tweeted that it's as bad as the Reinebold years but without the coolness. This is the worst Bomber team I have ever seen in my lifetime - I'd say it's actually worse than the Reinebold years because the Reinebold teams never got blown out this badly.

Bombers have clearly given up. I agree with the guy who tweeted that it's as bad as the Reinebold years but without the coolness. This is the worst Bomber team I have ever seen in my lifetime - I'd say it's actually worse than the Reinebold years because the Reinebold teams never got blown out this badly.

Hell yeah we were cool.

Hell yeah we were cool.

Wow--that TSN set was tacky...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Bombers won handily. Oh joyous day. Ok they pulled away in the 4th but still.

Thank God for Hamilton.

The Bombers obviously benefitted from having Buck P. back, but the Ticats did themselves no favours with all manner of dumb, undisciplined penalties throughout the game. Hamilton is the only team that could give Winnipeg a run for its money as the 2012 disappointment of the year.

Gotta pretty much finish 9-9 to have any shot at the playoffs. If we get that Buck Pierce and that defense, we shouldn't have any issues. But we have yet to see this type of performance in back to back weeks, bring on Toronto.

My Argos game had better not be pre-empted by Ryder Cup coverage, or I will send a strongly worded letter to TSN about which sports bring in the most viewers in this country. My guess is that golf is not above the CFL.

TSN's Facebook page is full of similar complaints.

Dear TSN, do not alienate your fanbase - understand it. The 5 most popular sports for Canadian viewers are

1. Hockey (so air some CHL games if there are no NHL games)

2. Football

3. Baseball

4. Basketball

5. Soccer

Golf should be relegated to a specialty channel, as it is a niche sport for viewership among Canadian audiences. You very nearly lost me as a viewer tonight. Fail to take heed of this warning, and you will likely lose many more viewers than just myself.

Oh Bombers. Sigh.

In logo/jersey related news, I saw my very first fake Blue Bomber jerseys in the stands at CanadInns Stadium tonight. A couple dudes were wearing very new-looking Terrence Edwards and Fred Reid jerseys. They were the 2005-edition Reebok blue unis used until last season. They were good as far as fakes go but they had the subtle telltale signs of being fake like the characteristic weird stitching, slightly off structure and inaccurate RBK logo. I guess the counterfeiters have taken notice of the CFL...

Always enjoy seeign the STamps romp through a game--congrats to Cornish on his 1000 yards!

And Nik Lewis moves up the ranks for career receiving...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived