2012 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck to start Friday.

I get that we're the CFL's biggest joke, and have been a punching bag for a majority of the last 22 years, but please, before it's too late, just stop! Also if we miraculously make the playoffs. We're making it to the Grey Cup and winning it, because the amount of momentum that we'll have had would just be too much to contain.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wow. If the playoff seeding worked like it does in soccer leagues, Toronto would be just hanging on to a #6 seed right now. What happened?! As it is, looks like the East Division should just cancel their playoffs and give Montreal a bye to the Grey Cup. Sigh...

Perhaps, but it seems like every other team in the division is worse.

You know, this has been the overarching theme of the east division for about as long as I can remember.

Seriously, the last 20-odd years of the CFL East has basically been one good team, one really mediocre team, and two out-and-out lousy teams. This season is no different.

• 2 weeks later...

What a brutal last week of the season. All four matchups were nothing games. At least the Bombers won... :flagcanada:

Are we suddenly forgetting Thursday?

I wish I could forget Thursday, it will forever be burned into my subconsious. I will wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming in rage at Cortez for years to come....

cortez.png

tigercatssignature-1.png

What a brutal last week of the season. All four matchups were nothing games. At least the Bombers won... :flagcanada:

Are we suddenly forgetting Thursday?

I wish I could forget Thursday, it will forever be burned into my subconsious. I will wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming in rage at Cortez for years to come....

cortez.png

LOL, yeah I guess in that game it was only a nothing game for one team... but they won regardless?!?!

Anyway, the playoffs are here! This week, I expect Toronto to smash Edmonton hard. The west is more of a tossup but I think the Stamps will pull it off.

(But what do I know... my regular season record was 38-34, i.e. a coin toss)

Overall a good day in the CFL.

The Argos/Esks turned out to be a blow out--which sucks for Eskie fans, but the game could have been more exciting--still some great plays and fun to watch if you're not an Eskie fan (Or if you hate the Argos)

Matt Nichols looked bad after his injury--his foot & his knee didn't look to line up. Hopefully he'll recover--he looks like he could ba an exciting QB to watch in the future.

The Stamps-Riders game was close, as I expected, but as a STamps fan--maybe a little too close. But they pulled it out.

Some big plays both ways, but the Stamps were a little more in control and took the game--partly thanks to the Riders getting their last TD a little too quickly...

That game would be a good introduction to the CFL for new fans--a blocked PAT returned for two points, a big fumble recovery a couple of key nterceptions, some long FG's and big passes for TDs on both sides.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Both games turned out exactly as I predicted, although the Calgary-Sask game was even closer than I would have expected.

Edmonton has basically regressed to being even worse than they were when Macocia was the coach. They were completely exposed today. The idiocy of the Ray trade really came back to haunt them today... Tillman has single-handedly undermined the future of that organization. Also, I cannot believe the early reports (Bruce Arthur on Twitter) saying that Nichols only has a dislocated ankle. That was the most gruesome injury I've seen since the Matt Henry incident at the 2007 Vanier Cup (but even he recovered just fine, so I guess these things can be more innocuous than they look).

Toronto on the other hand looks good. Smart of the Argos to lock down Scott Milanovich... he (and dare I say it, Jim Barker) are moving that team in the right direction. Will be a hell of a game next week in Montreal.

As for Calgary/Sask, I didn't expect the Riders to put up that much of a fight. This game could have easily gone either way but in the end a crazy Romby Bryant TD proved decisive. Still, IMO the better team won. Of course, I fully expect the Stamps to get it handed to them next week vs. the Lions.

The amount of former Bombers that played in that game between Calgary and Saskatchewan, makes me sick.

Willis, Carr, Labatte, McHenry, Bryant, Khan, probably some more too.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived