2012 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

How the hell did BC lose that game :suspect:

Fell behind early, couple of blown coverage assignments for big plays, couldn't respond with big plays of their own.

They got beat--plain and simple.

Stamps did it, and the Lions didn't.

The game was tied for about 6 minutes or so-(in total--the Stamps tooka very early lead)-the rest of the way the Stamps lead.

Remember the Stamps finished only one game behind the Lions.

I expected the Lions to win, but I'm glad they didn't.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lions may have been the beat record wise, but not at one point this year did I think they'd go back to the Grey Cup. CFL is closer than ever, and it just takes one game. KG had a lot riding on this West Final. He's been one of the most unloved QB's this game has seen.

If many Bomber fans had their way. Kevin would still be in Winnipeg.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Nice photo with the cup... looks like Pinball signed your shirt too??

I know Calgary is hot right now and I like Kevin Glenn and all, but I just can't see Toronto losing this game after how they've looked so far in the playoffs. I will take the Argos to win by 4.

Nice photo with the cup... looks like Pinball signed your shirt too??

Yes, he signed my shirt. I went to an Argos-Cats game in 2008 and met Pinball after the game. My original reason for attending the game was to see a high school friend who made the cheerleading squad that season. I ended up seeing both. :)

A couple years later, my dad was at a work conference in Toronto, and he met Pinball again, and apparently got to hold Pinner's 2004 Cup ring.

Does anyone know what uniforms each team will be wearing? My first guess would have been Toronto wearing their regular home darks and Calgary their road whites with black helmets. However they seem to have brought both their home red helmets AND road blacks and are practing in their alternative red pants as opposed to their home black or road whites. Unlike the Super Bowl, I'm not aware of a Media Day where the teams come out in their game uniforms, and it still wouldn't answer which shells the Stamps have elected to wear. Can anyone offer any insight?

Oh and pictures of the teams' walkthough show both teams in their home jerseys. Nobody's wearing white? I thought that was a given.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I heard somewhere the Stamps have a new uni they're wearing--but I haven't seen anything recently on this and there's nothing about it on their site.

If they do--heopefully it looks better than their road white with black helmets.

But whatever they wera--

Go Stamps Go!

They can do it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I hope not.

I love the red.

I love the red look too. And they should be the designated "home team" due to a better record. It's the CFL though, there is no rule on uniforms in the big game. Just look at BC wearing all black with an Orange helmet in 2006, that was terrible.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I would like to see all-blue against all-red. UCLA plays USC with both teams wearing coloured uniforms, so I don't see any reason why the CFL could not.

I did a quick mockup of what a dominant-colour scheme could be for all CFL teams (plus two expansion ones), and I think it would be quite viable in on-field action.

In order to assure each team has a dominant colour that none of the other teams claim, I went like this:

Riders - green Eskimos - gold Stampeders - red Lions - orange

Bombers - navy Argonauts - Cambridge blue Tiger-Cats - black Alouettes - silver.

I went with Bombers in blue because they are the Blue Bombers, so I figured if they were going to have a dominant colour in their scheme, it should be Bomber Blue. The Argonauts debuted a Cambridge blue jersey in 2008, which never seemed to stick, but I always liked. With the Alouettes, I decided that silver should be the direction they went in in order to claim a distinct colour - it hearkens back to the days of the Baltimore Stallions in that respect.

As well, I thought that the future Ottawa CFL team could wear royal purple, with an expansion Atlantic team going for Chestnut.

zcfl%202014.PNG

Two of those have wonky helmets---

Interesting ideas--although some of those are older templates for those teams.

Some of thsoe would well, and look better than the actual ones--especially the Esks & the Als

The TiCats have worn unis similar to what you've done there...

Those are actually pretty interesting, Magnus. But the East Division teams would be a little too similar, IMO... someone (Montreal or Ottawa) needs red as a secondary.

If you look at the CFL jerseys from the mid-late 1990s when the Bombers still had blue helmets, Toronto, Montreal and Winnipeg looked way too close to each other. Then Montreal injected some more red, the Bombers played up the gold and the problem was solved.

For what it's worth, the CFL expansion teams in the USA were a good indication of the colours that new expansion teams should use... the best being Shreveport with the purple. (Baltimore's scheme was the best, but the CFL doesn't need another blue team, especially in the east.) Memphis' colours could work too.

But anyway, almost time for the party to start!!!

In case your not watching. Black helmet, white pants, white jersey for the stamps.

Argos in the white pants, blue jerseys.

Now.......AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived