Raysox Hockey Concepts

raysox

I got two for you all!

Norfolk Admirals

So if you didn't know, the Norfolk Admirals won the AHL's championship last week. The team is the AHL team of my Tampa Bay Lightning, so it's cool to see a bunch of guys that I saw this year(because the Lightning were never healthy) kick ass. Like, they were about 40-3 since the Superbowl with the help of a sweep of Toronto in the finals... oh yeah and a hockey record 28 straight game winning streak.

Unfortunately their logos and uniform look like ass. And not the good kind. I wanted to tie them in with the parent club because I love looks like this. I did a similar ship inside a circle with naval type dots. The alt is an anchor, and I chose an upright font.

Admirals.png

The jerseys are based off of a few Lightning concepts I've done with a Canadiens' type stripe. I tried to differentiate between the logo and stripe as best as I could, hope you like! (AHL uses white at home)

AdmiralsUnis.png

I actually posted this on my tumblr, and a friend of mine was like "You know the Lightning will be controlling Syracuse next year right?" I did this concept for nothing, but it looks good.

Detroit Redwings

tumblr_m5r3n82awv1qe2dhgo5_r1_500.png

Alright, so this was a spur of the moment concept. The wings have one of the oldest-most historic logos in sports, but nothing can't be updated. So I just made the wheel look better, and freshened up the feathers. I connected the rest of the identity, because theres no secondary, and the script doesn't belong to anything.

Redwings.png

The jerseys are the same, other than the stripes at the end of the sleeve, and the collars. I even arched the name!

RedwingsJrs.png

Gah, the Wings need to do this, and build a new arena. It would be cool.

I really like what you did for the Admirals, especially the primary logo. Very classy.

For the Red Wings, I don't really see any design flaws, but for the jerseys there really isn't anything original. The logo update is pretty decent, and while it isn't ground-breaking, I would definitely say it is an upgrade from what they have now.

p.s. You forgot to erase the shoulder logos from the Admirals from the back view of the Detroit red jersey.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Getting rid of the guns on the sides turns the battleship into just a regular boring ship, raising questions about the name "Admirals"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

First thing that came to mind...

0404-johnquincyking-nor.png

Whoa, I don't follow Icethetics anymore, and this is the first time I saw that. Dammit, it's JKQ, too. But to be fair, it's a simple idea of matching the parent club, so I'm not overly surprised that two people had the same idea.

But thanks for the comments

Archived