DBro Designs - NHL Concepts - CAROLINA HURRICANES REBRAND FIX

Dbroalexander

The first hockey concept I had ever completed and sent into HockeyJerseyConcepts was a Dallas Stars jersey set. I took Ryan's suggestions and updated my concept.

251804_308276115929549_1814005753_n.jpg

I kept everything about the Home and Away jersey the same, with the exception of changing the shoulder patch to the Texas logo and putting the Dallas back on the Away jersey. As for the Alternate, I completely changed it up. I modeled it after the old North Stars jerseys and kept only the Star logo. Here are the links for closer looks at each individual jersey.

Stars Home Jersey

Stars Away Jersey

Stars Alternate Jersey

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this looks great. Althought the alternate is really simple, I actually like it alot. Congrats on winning the concept for the Sting also! Love the sleeve striping on the home jersey for Dallas.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Ok next up is an idea I had for a Chicago Blackhawks alternate. I'm not going to do a new home and away because in my opinion their current set is perfect... It doesn't bother me that the striping on the home and away are slightly different. There was a rumor flying around that the Hawks might bring back the older black version of their current sweater since they no longer use the updated Winter Classic jersey. My favorite Hawks sweater is the one from the early 90's that they used as an alternate, which was based on their 1939-55 dark jersey. I have updated that jersey by changing the striping pattern on the torso and adding colors to the cuffs. The TV numbers on the arms (which are not on the older alternate or original vintage sweater) have been placed on the shoulders. Also, I have replaced regular white with the "vintage off-white" since I believe only teams with an actual history, or heritage in the sport of hockey should be able to use that color (cough cough, Blue Jackets) Matching socks are also used and the pants pattern is based of the original pants worn back when the original sweater was worn in the 30's,40's, and 50's.

538217_309412622482565_1775283244_n.jpg

C&C welcome, always looking to make my concepts better

Holy stripes! Never seen that much striping on a jersey, if you cut out one of those red-black-red sequences on the sleeve and bottom of the jersey that might be less loud. Just commenting about the black version of the current jersey that you mentioned, I would love to see that as an alternate. You gonna give my Islanders a shot?

Cohenj.png

Oh I'll get to the Islanders... I really wanna take that black jersey and try to make something bearable out of it ;)

Thank god. All of the (very few) other Islanders fans I know despise that jersey. It's a classic case of BFBS. As soon as my Mets got rid of it, the Islanders get a black jersey. (facepalm)

Cohenj.png

Oh I'll get to the Islanders... I really wanna take that black jersey and try to make something bearable out of it wink.gif

Thank god. All of the (very few) other Islanders fans I know despise that jersey. It's a classic case of BFBS. As soon as my Mets got rid of it, the Islanders get a black jersey. (facepalm)

I'm not as opposed to the black as I am the grey.........grey......GREY

Time for a whole new set. I personally was a fan of the last set of LA Kings unis. I'm not a huge fan of the current black, white, and silver jerseys with the home plate on the chest. So I've combined elements with the current jerseys with the last set to make something that I really would like to see them wear. And for the record, I really like the "Burger King" logo, I just think that people don't like it because they used it on such a bad jersey that it ruined the logo for a lot of people.

556494_311580955599065_392595685_n.jpg

Closer Look-

Home Jersey

Away Jersey

Alternate Jersey

I really like the King's look -- simple and keeps purple in the League (not that I dislike their current set, though). One thing: the purple (burger) king gets a bit lost on the purple sweater. I'm no designer and don't know how to fix the problem, but if there's a way to do it without losing the purple alt, that would be great.

As for the Stars, wow! Those are pretty nifty. I think one change that seriously needs to be made it to go with the old white version of the Texas shoulder logo. Green on green doesn't pop. On a personal preference note: how would the set look with more traditional hem stripes. I think with those added and the white Texas logo, these would be pretty close to the best Stars sweaters I've seen.

Great job, and looking forward to more!

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Loving the Kings set, especially that purple alternate. Honestly I don't love the burger king logo though, try it with the regular one. Looking forward to more as always.

Cohenj.png

New Concept Time!!! This time... The Carolina Hurricanes

The Hurricanes, to me anyway, when it comes to concepts are pretty hit or miss... Either I love it or I don't.... And it normally has something to do with the Flag pattern

7458967164_44d0a5c80b_b.jpg

Kept the Home and Away similar to their current jerseys, but added the flag pattern to the arms. Also added a colored yolk to the road jersey.

The Alternate Jersey is meant to have a vintage feel to it. I resisted the urge most people get when making "fauxback" jerseys to use vintage white instead of white....The Canes aren't a team that should be able to use vintage white since they're only like what, 15 years old?

ALSO... The secondary logo has been altered to resemble an actual hurricane warning flag.

C&C would be appreciated

( small update - the numbers on the back of the jerseys in the closer looks only have one black outline, while the numbers on the picture above have a white and grey outline... I realized after I made the whole set that I liked the one black outline better)

Closer Looks

Home

Away

Alternate

First I'd like to say this set is very nice. Nonetheless I've always hoped that the Canes (yet another red and black team) would take a note from Ohio State and embrace the color gray in their uniforms to give them a look they could really make their own in a fill tool league. As little as it is, I like your use of gray here and would certainly like to see if you could make it more prominent in this set while toning down the black.

So far your work looks promising so keep it up!

Midway.png

First I'd like to say this set is very nice. Nonetheless I've always hoped that the Canes (yet another red and black team) would take a note from Ohio State and embrace the color gray in their uniforms to give them a look they could really make their own in a fill tool league. As little as it is, I like your use of gray here and would certainly like to see if you could make it more prominent in this set while toning down the black.

So far your work looks promising so keep it up!

When I get a chance I'll definitely go in and play around with the gray. Thanks!

Archived