DBro Designs - NHL Concepts - CAROLINA HURRICANES REBRAND FIX

Dbroalexander

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very true when you said nothing extraordinary for the Leafs, but nothing extraordinary is just how the franchise does its jerseys. I'm a big fan of the stripes, I've always liked them and was never sure why they've been constrained to the socks with few exceptions. The alternate is a thing of beauty, too. As are most of Toronto's alternates these days, it's just an update of an old jersey, but it's not one that I can recall them having revived before, and more importantly, it looks good!

I'm a little bit confused by the logo choices, in that the main set uses two different leafs (or is it in fact "leaves" in this case?) of varying "ages," which seem a little mismatched to me. I suppose the real-life Leafs jerseys do the same thing now, but the two that you're using in tandem are more similar to one another. I guess it just seems like a throwback and a super-throwback competing with one another, in a way. I like the text-less shoulder patch logo on the alternate, but it also seems odd to me to have it otherwise be the exact same as the logo on the front. Maybe try seeing what a white version of your secondary logo looks like on the chest? Just throwing these thoughts out there, and overall, the concept is top-notch and very Maple Leafs!

Really like the Leafs. I'm glad you didn't use a blue shoulder yoke on the white jersey. It looks great without it. I agree on the shoulder logos too. Just use the plain leaf they have now and you have a winner.

The 3rd is good and I like that design, but I know it harbors a lot of bad emotions with leaf fans for a bad era in team history.

1342444672' post='1845429']

My question on Buffalo is...? Why is the Girdle in team colors and stripes. That would be under the pant shell and you would never see it.

Lol no clue. Just the way the template is I guess. Never really noticed it.

Alright here's my Leafs Update, I took the shoulder patches on the home and away and took the words off of them. They look a little blank to me but at least they don't look different because of the inconsistent lettering on them. I'm thinking of maybe adding a "T" to them. Whataya think?

469494_321608147929679_1515125966_o.jpg

330734_321608121263015_494941684_o.jpg

Sorry for the few days without any postings, celebrated my birthday this weekend so I wasn't around a computer too much. I do however, have 2 new concepts to post. The first post is just a few different Winter Classic Ideas I had while working on the Leafs set.

291444_321608151263012_780294604_o.jpg

Secondly, I have made a set of Atlanta Thrashers jerseys. Recently, I came across a Thrashers hat at a jersey store near where I live, and my love for the Thrashers logo returned. I had forgotten how much I really like the Thrashers logo because so many years ago they came out with their baby blue alternates and they became the new home jersey... so the Thrashers had a great logo in my opinion, but a God awful jersey set, there was nothing about the jerseys I liked. They didn't go well together, and the colors were a mess. My favorite look was their original look back when they came into the NHL. I decided to create a new set that uses all their colors and that uses jerseys that actually look like they go together. Hopefully one day a minor league team or something is able to obtain the rights to the Thrashers Identity and branding or something because I'd love to see this logo being used again.

256553_322994164457744_1272507404_o.jpg

Closer Looks -

Home

Away

Alternate

see with the home and away, the red and blue switch spots. I wanted to keep the "gradient" look that the away jersey has but it didn't look right on the home to me. and the alternate jersey still uses team colors so it's not that far fetched. it's just a better attempt at a light blue jersey than what the team actually went with

Archived