DBro Designs - NHL Concepts - CAROLINA HURRICANES REBRAND FIX

Dbroalexander

see with the home and away, the red and blue switch spots. I wanted to keep the "gradient" look that the away jersey has but it didn't look right on the home to me. and the alternate jersey still uses team colors so it's not that far fetched. it's just a better attempt at a light blue jersey than what the team actually went with

On the road and alternate, I was referring the the inconsistent coloring between the hem and sleeve stripes. I have no problem with the light blue alt. I was just saying that I would get rid of the horizontal sleeve stripes because of the coloring.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see with the home and away, the red and blue switch spots. I wanted to keep the "gradient" look that the away jersey has but it didn't look right on the home to me. and the alternate jersey still uses team colors so it's not that far fetched. it's just a better attempt at a light blue jersey than what the team actually went with

On the road and alternate, I was referring the the inconsistent coloring between the hem and sleeve stripes. I have no problem with the light blue alt. I was just saying that I would get rid of the horizontal sleeve stripes because of the coloring.

I think I know what you're referring to and I'll fix it in an update

Overall concept for the Thrashers is really good. I know that being complicated is the nature of the whole Thrashers branding and uniform set, but I still think you could do without the sleeve stripes, just to simplify a little. The hem striping is adventurous to the extreme, but I actually like it a lot. Overall solid, just a couple too many things going on for my taste. Hope this helps!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Got around to playing with some of the already posted concepts. I went through some of the C&C and the first update I'll put up is the Carolina Hurricanes Alternate. One of the comments I received was that I should try to utilize the grey more. I couldn't do anything with the home and away that I liked, and I didn't really want to change the striping. So I added grey to the alternate and I'm happy with the results, but I'm not sure if it's better than the original alternate I came up with.

412390_326451507445343_1992235698_o.jpg

Well it's been a few days since I've posted and I've got two concepts to post. They are both my entries for the HJC Florida Panthers Third Jersey Contest.

I wanted to keep it simple with the design and really show off their color scheme. I brought back the Panther breaking the hockey stick for the crest on both jerseys and on the yellow jersey there is a sublimated palm tree and hockey stick crossing behind the crest

614812_327377607352733_1713653352_o.jpg

202492_327377624019398_1279891431_o.jpg

I LOVE that yellow one, the NHL needs more yellow. I don't like the sublimated logo though, it is already on the shoukder so I don't think it is necessary on the chest, unless you put it as the main chest logo, which is a pretty interesting possibility now that I think about it. On the blue jersey, it is solid if you delete the white striping, IMO it looks better with just red and yellow. Overall nice job on these.

Cohenj.png

Thanks a lot! on the blue jersey, I'm assuming you mean to keep the cuffs blue instead of white?

Yes, definitely use blue cuffs and see how a blue hem looks also, just for kicks and giggles :)

Cohenj.png

Wow. I usually prefer red Florida sweaters, but I really like this blue one. I wouldn't change a thing about it. The white to dark blue light to dark progression works, an the big, bold (super-simple) stripes give the secondary colors enough prominence to balance out the blue. This sweater really screams "sunbelt" (in a good way) to me. Good job!

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I second cohenj's motion about nixing the white on the blue jersey, which looks really fantastic otherwise; maybe even see what it looks like if you increase the thickness of the red and yellow stripes, and have the yellow be the last color before the end of the sleeve/hem?

As for the yellow, I get the sublimated secondary logo just for pure uniqueness' sake, and I think for that reason alone it's worth seeing if you can get it to work before giving up on it entirely. Again, I think that cohenj makes a good point about having the secondary logo on both the shoulders and chest, and I think that using a less-busy panther logo on top of the sublimated secondary could be a step in the right direction. Either just the one that's the same without the broken stick (since right now there are two hockey sticks on the jersey's chest, which are a few too many), or all the way to a simple panther head. One way or another, it would probably work better if it were uncluttered just a bit.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll update these jerseys but I'll post a few different variations of each on one image according to the comments I've received. I also plan on working on some new teams such as the Islanders, jets, and possibly My Blackhawks

Thanks Bubba!

Not a full post yet... I've been working on an Islanders redesign. Them being a team stuck in the gutter I think they need to ditch their historic look and go for something new and look toward the future and make new history.

Looking for some C&C before I post anything "finished"

islandersideas2.png

Archived