DBro Designs - NHL Concepts - CAROLINA HURRICANES REBRAND FIX

Dbroalexander

Guest darkpiranha

I think you aren't getting a whole lot of feedback because they are all pretty rock solid. Even the ones that take some ideas a bit more out of the box are sound designs. My favorite is still the black Sabres alternate, with the blue version a close second. Always confuses me why the team minimizes the coolest part the name/logo, which are swords!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the striping and the lighthouse logo you are using. The one thing I would do, as an Islanders fan who yearns still for the glory days of the early 80s, and a uniform traditionalist for my favorite teams, would be to inject some orange and possibly a throwback tribute using their original logo. Right now, I'm just not seeing enough contrast and "pop" in the set. So I like the two-toned blue approach, but inject some orange for the sake of contrast (and tradition, I suppose). Really nice idea though, very creative.

I NEED Orange... But this "monotone" is very Brooklyn :(

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Hopefully with this next post I can get SOME feedback on the new Islanders and Ducks concepts.

Montreal ! ! !

885245_413687075388452_1889489639_o.png

I absolutely love the chest striping on the WHITE shirt, but am not sure it works on the red one...

le me say it again: I REALLY LOVE the white!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

@Fox - Thanks for all that feedback! As for the Isles, I like orange a lot but I personally like the teal and blue so much I don't want to ruin it by adding too much orange, I was hoping to make up the lack of orange to people with the newer alternate. And also, thanks for agreeing the new Blackhawks road striping is an upgrade. I showed a buddy that and he got all butt-hurt about ruining tradition.

@tigerslionspistonshabs - (nice name, rolls off the tongue) Thanks for that. I forgot about that jersey and how much I actually liked them... I might like the Coyotes if they wore something more along those lines.

@darkpiranha - Thanks! Makes sense ;) and It's nice to see someone liked the black jersey. I don't think that one got a lot of love overall. I'm still trying to come up with something people might like a bit more.

aaaaaaaand @Frenchie - I made the Islanders concept before the big Brooklyn announcement so the whole Brooklyn monotone thing wouldn't have occurred to me, but now I like it! And I don't see why some people might not like the home Canadiens jersey as much as the away, I absolutely love the idea, so I made a concept :)

• 3 months later...

Been a long while since I've added to this thread, but I've recently completed a new concept, which I guess could count as an update.

Recently the Hurricanes unveiled some new, very underwhelming jersey. So I set out to simplify there look while keeping things unique.

1052990_459571720799987_1335278102_o.png

Closer Looks

Home Jersey

Away Jersey

• 2 weeks later...

Archived