Funniest customized jerseys ever

johnnysama

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a guy in Columbus with a CHILI 3 jersey. If the Blue Jackets score 3 goals, everyone get a free chili at Wendy's.

I've seen that same guy!

But I've also noticed way more custom jersey in Columbus than in any other NHL rink that I've been to.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

sign-guy-chicago.jpg

Well, that's one guy who's sticking it to the Cubs.

What an enormous douchebag. This guy must've been trying to get his ass kicked. Actually, I hope he did.

That's Marty Prather (sp?) from Springfield, MO. Affectionately (or not) known as "Sign Guy". He's famous around SWMO for his "clever" signs he custom makes for Missouri State basketball games and St. Louis and Springfield Cardinals games. I'll try and find an example of one, and once you see it, if you've ever seen a Cards game on tv, you'll probably instantly recognize the style.

FI5eQAAV.jpg

02.jpg

I stand by what I said and it's not because he's a Cardinals fan.

I... have no problem with that.

I'm a cardinals fan and I always thought that guy was a douche. The jersey makes it even worse...

I never saw his Bartman jersey before-- or noticed him at Wrigley -- but I've certainly seen his signs in St. Louis -- on TV and in person. I always wondered what the people around him think of having their view obstructed all the time. I mean, one kid with a sign who doesn't know when the TV cameras are likely to look for him -- or if he's in a seat that can be seen at all --is one thing. Showing up at the ballpark and sitting next to this guy... I think there would be plenty of Cardinals fans who would tire of his act by the second inning.

As someone else said, these jerseys/signs aren't as funny as they think they are.

gUcn2.jpg

Why is there an AHL logo on the back of a Jets jersey?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Yesterday I was at the Reds-Twins game. There was a guy seated near me in a blue Twins alternate. The back of the jersey had number 00 and the nameplate read "Loudmouth". He was, predictably, an ass. It looked like he was also wearing one of Joe Mauer's game used catcher's helmets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I saw a guy in Columbus with a CHILI 3 jersey. If the Blue Jackets score 3 goals, everyone get a free chili at Wendy's.

I've seen that same guy!

But I've also noticed way more custom jersey in Columbus than in any other NHL rink that I've been to.

It's because we don't have any good enough players worth getting a jersey for :P

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

To me the only funny ones are when people put things like "Gretzky 99" on a random jersey, or misspellings. Any "clever jokes" on jerseys are always pitiful.

Indeed. To each their own, but it always baffles me to see a high-quality customization that is trying to be "clever."

I remember getting some good seats to a Brewers game in 1998 and and there was a guy there with an authentic home jersey (From that Germanic uniform era...great uni) with a custom job; NOB: "The Maniac". Number 98 (for the year). It was a beautiful jersey and I could not believe he did that (and the number gave me the impression he was doing it every year, but who knows). Maybe he was trying to become a local celeb or something.

Other things I hate:

• When Ulf Dahlen played for the North Stars, I saw either an authentic or a quality replica (they existed back then), with a quality custom job...correct uniform number (22, I think) and NOB was "Ulffie". It was essentially what Dahlen wore, except a lame nickname in place of the last name. Again, to each their own, but I just don't get it.
  • Any use of the # 69 (barring it representing an actual player)
  • And, as mentioned anything trying to be "funny"...the "Bartman" example, complaints about the refs, other weird messages, etc. It's their money, but I just don't get it.

Some are just dumb, though some guys are jackasses (the taunting ones (Bartman), wearing 69 to be "cool" is a bit douchy, and of course there was that Flyers fan with "The Black Guy")

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Seeing any fan or player in a number 69 jersey is straight-up dumb. Thank god they only allow only double digits on these things, or else all the "funny guys" would be wearing 420.

6uXNWAo.png

It stems like the guy wearing a 69 Jersey is always some fat guy that never gets laid. And offensive linemen are the only players in any sport that should wear it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Thank god they only allow only double digits on these things, or else all the "funny guys" would be wearing 420.

OxwOy.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

It stems like the guy wearing a 69 Jersey is always some fat guy that never gets laid. And offensive linemen are the only players in any sport that should wear it.

This is the only one I can think of who does it, but that's probably because he's the only big name player who does.

t2.allen.si.jpg

This is the only one I can think of who does it, but that's probably because he's the only big name player who does.

t2.allen.si.jpg

Not big names, but here are the only NHL players to.

Mel Angelstad

040404angelstad.jpg

Andrew Dejardins

desjardins-20111212-sharks-blog2.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

uuSlW.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived