Seattle Superonics Fans...Cheer for the Heat!

rmackman

beatokcsonics.jpg

600757_10102466297881091_1335365855_n.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Some Sonics fans (not all of them, just the ones who don't know how to move on) are still upset about the Sonics being moved to OKC and becoming the Thunder.

I like how this was conveniently posted after the series became 3-1 MIA, though.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I cant blame Seattle for these feelings, they were screwed.

The situation with the Sacramento Kings bears watching, the agreement broke down between them and the City of Sacramento recently. Anaheim was once mentioned as a destination for the Kings, but you never know how these things will play out.

Some Sonics fans (not all of them, just the ones who don't know how to move on) are still upset about the Sonics being moved to OKC and becoming the Thunder.

I like how this was conveniently posted after the series became 3-1 MIA, though.

This is just harmless fun. It's not like they're burning OKC jerseys or causing trouble like the Cleveland fans did when Lebron left.

In any event, merging the two logos looks pretty neat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It looks like the city of Seattle is on fire. I'd get the humor if it was the Vancouver Sonics, but I don't know if people want to advertise Seattle engulfed in fire...

:)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It looks like the city of Seattle is on fire. I'd get the humor if it was the Vancouver Sonics, but I don't know if people want to advertise Seattle engulfed in fire...

:)

It's also ironic because of the Great Seattle Fire in 1889

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

There was a similar thread posted before the series started. It also mentioned Cavs fans cheering for OKC (and had similarly photoshopped logos).

I am assuming the people at the game last night were from that group "Save Our Sonics" or whatever. I didn't see the leader of the group, but he has gone to several games and had seats right behind the bench or somewhere else really visible, decked out in Sonics gear with either a flag or sign or something. It makes me wonder how all of them have the money, not only for the travel, but for the seats. Those seats last night must have easily cost that group of 5-8 at least $15,000.

I understand their plight. I watched that Sonicsgate documentary which allowed me to become a little more familiar with the whole case. I still think they're being a little too bitter. Wanting a team back is always going to happen, and they'll probably get it, but I feel like what they did last night is just a giant waste of money. No need for the sour grapes to be taken out on a team of players who didn't choose for the move to happen...it's not like Clay Bennett was on the bench...

Also, on a side note, there is no way in hell Newark deserves a team. No no no.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

And St Louis will never get a team because of the whole ABA thing.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I cant blame Seattle for these feelings, they were screwed.

No they weren't.

No one showed up to Sonics games, the city did not want to pay for a new arena, and no one in the Seattle area wanted to buy the team. Fair weather fans risk losing their team(s). Period.

You would think that Seattle would have learned this after losing the Pilots, and almost losing the Mariners.

If a new Sonics team emerges (which the city is working on) fans better show the &$%@ up, even when the team is terrible.

And St Louis will never get a team because of the whole ABA thing.

No, the ABA thing isn't the problem (although the Spirits did have dismal attendance numbers if we're keeping score). The problem is St. Louis struggles to support the 3 teams it has now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No one showed up to Sonics games, the city did not want to pay for a new arena, and no one in the Seattle area wanted to buy the team. Fair weather fans risk losing their team(s). Period.

This is not true (other than not wanting to pay for a new arena). Key Arena has a capacity of 17,072 for basketball. In the Sonics' last full season before they announced the move, they averaged 15,955 fans (93.4% capacity) for a 31-51 team.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

We can "move on" when we get the Sonics back. I'm sure there are still a few in Baltimore who are sore about having the Colts ripped from them, and they've at least got a new team and a Super Bowl to relish in.

Archived