Rays new TBTC

Island_Style

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning: Unpopular Opinion

This is a dumb idea and I hope it doesn't ever become a trend/more than a one-time thing. The D-Backs/Nats/Rockies/Marlins should never do this.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If you compare it with other uniforms of '79 (White Sox, Pirates, Blue Jays, Mariners, Astros), it fits in PERFECTLY.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

If you compare it with other uniforms of '79 (White Sox, Pirates, Blue Jays, Mariners, Astros), it fits in PERFECTLY.

My problem is that, down to the curved front panel on the hat, it's a straight rip of the '79 Padres. If the alternate history we're working with here is that the Rays were a minor league affiliate of San Diego in 1979, then I'm fine with it. If not, then this is cool-looking, but lazy.

Probably still buying the hell out of that hat.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hmmm...take off the front numbers and it's not too bad. It's fun and most certainly fits the era.

I will say this (neither bad nor good, just a random observation), the first thing I thought of when I saw the cap was a Webelos cap.

20110502golding0232.jpg

Obviously not the marks, I think mostly because it's a navy cap with a powder blue panel and a touch of gold.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I think it's a mixed bag, the Rays uniform fits into the time period, and I can understand the fun aspect to it all.

But whenever I think back to older style uniforms, the images are of teams and players. Whether it was the World Champion Pirates, or Dave Winfield of the Padres, or Nolan Ryan of the Astros, at least there was the historical connection. With the Rays, there is no tradition, so it's an empty feeling.

I love it. I always appreciated their past use of the St. Petersburg Pelicans jersey, those pinstripes looked outstanding...but this is a fun idea and when you play in that mausoleum of a stadium you need any hook you can get.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

that would have sweet as a tequila sunrise Astros jersey!

I just wish they used their old purple and rainbow colors in it instead of these colors.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived