Rays new TBTC

Island_Style

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Era-59Fifty-Tampa-Bay-Rays-MLB-Rev-Split-Fitted-Cap-Hat-35-/120945688674?pt=US_Hats&hash=item1c28ecc062 How did they "split" this hat then? I know, it's Ebay where counterfeit rules and the picture doesn't always match the product, but they had to take it from somewhere unless it's just a bad fake.

Yeah, that's a fake

No it's not- Lids Brick and Mortar stores has the whole series of those caps on clearance- even the same style in hunter green with the rainbow ray on it.

I own a black and white marlins one.

Then why is the MLB logo in the photo designed so poorly and why does an on-field authentic have the New Era flag on the side?

Go A's!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Era-59Fifty-Tampa-Bay-Rays-MLB-Rev-Split-Fitted-Cap-Hat-35-/120945688674?pt=US_Hats&hash=item1c28ecc062 How did they "split" this hat then? I know, it's Ebay where counterfeit rules and the picture doesn't always match the product, but they had to take it from somewhere unless it's just a bad fake.

Yeah, that's a fake

No it's not- Lids Brick and Mortar stores has the whole series of those caps on clearance- even the same style in hunter green with the rainbow ray on it.

Then why is the MLB logo in the photo designed so poorly and why does an on-field authentic have the New Era flag on the side?

Uh, the logo on the front is different. The EBay listing has the current TB logo. It's not the on-field fauxback hat, nor is it claiming to be. It's a hat that has the similar style panel.

Lids.com used to sell then for a bunch of teams, but not anymore. That's why you can only find them on EBay.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Yeah, that's a fake

Uh, the logo on the front is different. The EBay listing has the current TB logo. It's not the on-field fauxback hat, nor is it claiming to be. It's a hat that has the similar style panel.

Lids.com used to sell then for a bunch of teams, but not anymore. That's why you can only find them on EBay.

I'm just always sketchy when fashion caps like these aren't actually on an official seller's site

Go A's!

Yeah, that's a fake

I'm just always sketchy when fashion caps like these aren't actually on an official seller's site

Understood. If you google the style, you do get a link to the Lids product review for a Jays version, but the link back to purchase is dead & it just redirects back to the Lids MLB page.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Yeah, that's a fake

Understood. If you google the style, you do get a link to the Lids product review for a Jays version, but the link back to purchase is dead & it just redirects back to the Lids MLB page.

I think for me since I've seen numerous fakes with interchangeable logos on caps and jerseys that unless I see it from an official seller, then I'd probably stay away from it.

Go A's!

Anybody know of any sources to purchase MLB patches? I'm looking for the St Pete patch used on the faux backs.

Team store sometimes have them. If not, eBay. But if it has yet to be produced for sale, then I don't think you'd be able to get it unless you know someone within the organization

Go A's!

Archived