Collegiate Yakball

B@ltim0r3R@v3n5

So every one im back with yet another concept. This one fueled by Raysox's sport yakball. the template that i will be using was created by him.

here is a little info on yakball

So you probably haven't heard, unless you stalk my posts that I made up a sport that has a cult following with friends in the area. The sport is called yakball, check it out. Here's our website with all the good stuff http://yakball.webs.com/

Basically, it's a 4 on 4 game. You have to pass the ball twice, before you can throw the ball into the box on the wall. Each team has 1 Center, who acts like a goalie on defense. Since it is set up like a half court basketball game, when their team is on offence, they can get the ball and score. It could be easier reading the rules, and watching the video, but that's the basic stuff.

so while he and i were talking about this he told me about a kind of top 25 so with out further ado here is the top 25.

1.Florida state

2.Notre Dame

3.Florida

4.Texas

5.Oregon

6.Oklahoma State

7.NC State

8.Michigan

9.USF

10.UCF

11.Washington

12.TCU

13.Tennesse

14.West Virginia

15.Wyoming

16.UCLA

17.Louisville

18.Maryland

19.Missouri

20.New Mexico

21.Minnesota

22.Alabama

23.Purdue

24.ST. Cloud ST

25.Montana

I am thinking about dong a simulation for a season after i preimer the jersys for the more relevant teams (ie. 25/upsets).

with out further ado here is FSU's home Jersey

fsuyak3.png

ok thanks! here is i guess the Paint version of the home jeresy

fsuyak3.png

Team: Florida State

History:

2012,'09,'08,'05,'03,'00 yakball champions

20 All Americans since yakball's Collegiate creation in 2000 (most in NCAA)

"FSU is a highpower offense team that attacks with its 2 wings, they run the Diamond offense which allows for great passing lanes and scoring angles"

I tried doing college Yakball concepts on Paint (specifically one for the Wisconsin Badgers), and the only colors I could get were shades of gray...any help please?

bYhYmxh.png

I tried doing college Yakball concepts on Paint (specifically one for the Wisconsin Badgers), and the only colors I could get were shades of gray...any help please?

Ah, that is weird.

On the paint one, save it, copy the image in paint, and open it in a new tab of paint.

ok... why did you post these here?

also here is notre dame's jerseys

Notredame2-1.png

School:University of Notre Dame

history:

'01'04 National Champs

12 All Americans

info: Notre Dame recruits centers heavil. Their coach beleives that the defense power of a good center can stop any offense. Notre dame has also benn to 5 National Championships

Check out free-to-use typefaces that you can download online, you can build up an arsenal of hundreds. You can do a Google search like "free fonts Celtic" and you'll get lots crop up. Just check out if the creator will let you use it however you want. Typographers are artists, too, and deserve the same respect for their work we graphic designers seek.

rATMcmK.png

If there is one thing I've learned from my time here its TAKE YOUR TIME, SLOW DOWN, FINISH, REVIEW, REDO, LOOK AT, POST, REDO. So far those 2 jerseys are not as good as they could be. Ask yourself the question, "Could I see these actually being worn?" All I'm seeing here is rushed work.

There is a topic on here with a bunch of paint templates. It should help a bunch, it helped me take my concept from a piece of rushed crap into a respectable one.

Now onto C&C.......

FSU - Honestly I could never see these being worn, the font is unrealistic and the numbers are too far spaced. I'd take this back to the drawing board.

ND- As an ND fanatic (I mean look at my username), I like these, I like the light green coming back like how ND's basketball jerseys looked. I'd work on the font though, it looks to "robotic" so to say. Try using the ND font. Also ND would wear Adidas.

Champs-3.pngAppreciatethegame.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

ND looks good, but it should probably be Adidas, not Nike.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived