T-birds contest

CJR

Just wondering if the T-Birds ever named a winner that we know of.  I didn't get a rejection letter yet but my email was down for awhile and I suspect they sent it then, since all the good ones were getting rejected around then and I can't believe mine would make it.

I thought that they said they wouldn't announce the name of the winner to the public until the day the jersey is unveiled, which is supposed to be late January or early February.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

January is the date that they will announce it and unveil the jersey.  I still have about 10 jerseys "in the drawing."  I say that because I have received only 7 rejections.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• 1 year later...

I wasn't around when you guys did this thread. I remember the T-Birds doing a contest for the new jersey and was as confused as you were when there was no winner. We did get a new t-shirt, like you mentioned.

I don't have a pic right now of the design but when I get one, I'll post it.

If you want a general idea, it has the mascot of the T-Birds, Cool Bird, with feathers in the colors of the Winterhawks sticking out of it's mouth with the caption of "Tastes like chicken."

Hmmm... I don't necessarily think that the Thunderbirds need a "new look" for a "new generation". Frankly, I think that they've got one of the best looks in sports today.

I agree but I hated our Alt jersey that we had. I'm glad it's gone. At least until I see what is replacing it.

Just giving this thread a bump, because I'm more than a little nervous about what the T-Birds have under wraps.

I doubt they're ditching their Whalers-template sweaters. Being a die-hard Winter Hawks fan, I must say that the T-Birds have a classy set of home and road sweaters. Can't say that some of their players have the same class, but... (just joshin' ya, OMMF)

Anyhow, I'm extremely worried about what kind of hideous design they have for their new alt jersey. Of course, I'm assuming that's what they're going to do -- unveil a new alt. If they are, why do I have a sinking feeling it's going to look like this?

SEATBALT01.gif

It's only a matter of time this template hits the WHL, right? :puke:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Whatever it is, it will be 100x better than the Hawks 25th Anniversary jersey. We can agree on that, no?

Well, yes. Was that ever in doubt? :D

But hey... At least this does have one potential benefit: it'll give us a reason for playing Kermit the Frog's "It Ain't Easy Being Green" over the PA at the Memorial Coliseum!

Whatever it is, it will be 100x better than the Hawks 25th Anniversary jersey. We can agree on that, no?

But hey... At least this does have one potential benefit: it'll give us a reason for playing Kermit the Frog's "It Ain't Easy Being Green" over the PA at the Memorial Coliseum!

Does the PA even work at the Coliseum? :D

Ooh! Now that was a cheap shot!

The PA may not be consistant at the MC, but at least I can look up and actually count championship banners in my building! :P

The PA may not be consistant at the MC, but at least I can look up and actually count championship banners in my building! :P

History is just that my friend.

Now if we look at this weeks CHL standings...

SEATBALT01.gif

It's only a matter of time this template hits the WHL, right? :puke:

In spite of the fact that the jersey itself is ugly, I've never seen my template used more beautifully or professional looking. (Then again, 1. This is the only the third time I've seen it used period outside of my own uses and 2. It's intention was for as complete of accuracy as possible.)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

History is just that my friend.

Now if we look at this weeks CHL standings...

True, true... But remember, it's not always how you start but how you finish!

And hey, we can probably agree on one thing: we probably both hate Everett! :P

SEATBALT01.gif

It's only a matter of time this template hits the WHL, right?  :puke:

In spite of the fact that the jersey itself is ugly, I've never seen my template used more beautifully or professional looking. (Then again, 1. This is the only the third time I've seen it used period outside of my own uses and 2. It's intention was for as complete of accuracy as possible.)

Wow... Thanks, Rog! I truly appreciate the kind remarks. That means a lot to me. :notworthy:

I'll admit that I'm pretty damn proud of how this one turned out, too. It took me forever because 1: I didn't have your Atlanta alt in the old template style, and 2: I had it in the new template style, but shrunken down like crazy. I had to guesstimate a lot of stuff, and quite frankly, I think it looks good.

Thanks again for the compliments, and for the kick-ass template and resources!

Archived