Ugliest Uniforms/Logos in Sports

OfficialBailey7

^ I wouldn't call it ugly, more like lacklustre.

As far as ugly uniforms go, I never liked Nashville's inaugural uniforms, the excessive amount of shiny silver looked terrible and I hated that logo until they changed it up last year.

2241004270100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

I've always liked these. The triangles on the hem was a clever idea that helped the Preds stand out.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't added a logo yet, so here is a very ugly logo in my opinion. To colorful and way to modern...

marlins-miami-new-logo_display_image.jpg

Where do I start with this logo? To me, this looks like a blue circle with an orange stain on it. The "I" is two colors, and it is way to busy. I realize there is not much to do with an Islander, but come on!

NewYorkIslanderslogo.jpg

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

I don't mind the Ducks' colors, they're just not good for the Ducks. I'd have rather seen them on the Kings so they finally could've had a color palette to call their own (LA Lakers, LA Raiders, Sac. Kings, Raiders again).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2000_NewEngland.png

Everything about these uniforms are atrocious, from the Northwestern ripoff font, to the jersey side piping that doesn't quite match the pants striping, to the bizzarrely-shaped shoulder stripes, to the dull color scheme, to the mismatched sock pattern. They're just a tacky overpiped mess.

To me, they're not so much ugly as "painfully generic." These look like they would fit right in on a movie like The Replacements or Any Given Sunday. Besides, I feel like only the Cowboys and Raiders should be in silver shells (and the Lions, who could be "grandfathered in.")

I don't mind the Ducks' colors, they're just not good for the Ducks. I'd have rather seen them on the Kings so they finally could've had a color palette to call their own (LA Lakers, LA Raiders, Sac. Kings, Raiders again).

I think had LA come up with it first, black and metallic gold could have worked. Orange seems kind of arbitrary and doesn't feel regal at all. Unless LA are proclaiming themselves as the "kings" of prison convicts, traffic lights, and fake tan.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Where do I start with this logo? To me, this looks like a blue circle with an orange stain on it. The "I" is two colors, and it is way to busy. I realize there is not much to do with an Islander, but come on!

NewYorkIslanderslogo.jpg

The 'I' is overlapping the island, & therefore double colored, because the tip points to the location of Nassau Coliseum.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

WFL Southern Cal Sun

sun74.jpg

orlando-thunder-wlaf-card-kerwin-bell.jpg

These are weird because I certainly see why they could be considered bad, but there's something so appropriate about both of them given their locale and era that I actually end up liking them.

Orlando's logo, however, is terrible, even graded on a 90s curve.

I love the audacity of the Southern California Sun uniform, combining those two colors. It will never happen, but if Los Angeles gets another NFL team, I want to see the Sun return from the dead.

The player on the Orlando Thunder picture is notable because after the WLAF folded, Kerwin Bell played for the Toronto Argonauts and spiked a football accidently into his nuts after scoring a TD.

sabres09.png

Awful logo, inconsistent striping... I could see keeping it around if they had actually won something in them

penguins36.png

The Penguins have lots of great looking jerseys in their history... and not one of them is featured in their current set.

avalanche11.png

A testament to how much striping matters. Even with a great logo and colour scheme, these look awful

lightning16.png

Generic and uninspired are the best words to describe this set.

I don't get the rip on the sabres uniforms. I am no sabres fan, but those uniforms are great. Nice colors, not crazy but not super common. The logo incorporates both city and team name, pretty cool. Maybe not on par with best hockey unis the most of the original 6 but among the best of the rest in my opinion. I guess beauty us in the eye of the beholder.

I expect ugly uniforms in the minor leagues or in some of the less-heralded leagues. But in the big sports leagues, the biggest disgrace to me was the Florida Marlins teal alternate uniforms they first wore. Besides being part of the '90s teal fad, the gray script was kind of hard to read on the teal, the Marlins script always struck me as amateur-looking and overall the entire set didn't look like a big-league uniform to me. They would eventually switch from a gray to black script on the teal alternate that helped it a little, but the 1993 look was just plain awful.

14314lh.jpg

It was especially bad when they wore the teal alternates in spring training in 1993 with the pinstriped home pants. I don't think that ever happened in an actual game that year but could be wrong about that.

j9m26u.jpg

These and the other teal jerseys were BP jerseys.

^ I wouldn't call it ugly, more like lacklustre.

As far as ugly uniforms go, I never liked Nashville's inaugural uniforms, the excessive amount of shiny silver looked terrible and I hated that logo until they changed it up last year.

2241004270100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

And with the Edge version, the t-shirt effect on the home uniform just looked stupid.

20070719_jerseys_unveiled2.jpg.png

Good riddance to the latter. I like the inaugural uniforms though.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived