Logos or uniforms you associate with a sports moment

kajeet

santonio_holmes_rpphotos014901-MFSB18-superbowl.jpg

This is the only one I've seen so far that I have really disagreed with this. With how long the Steelers uniforms have been around, I think it's hard to associate them with just one moment. That's why most of what's been posted so far are uniforms that are no longer in use and had a relatively short run.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the only one I've seen so far that I have really disagreed with this. With how long the Steelers uniforms have been around, I think it's hard to associate them with just one moment. That's why most of what's been posted so far are uniforms that are no longer in use and had a relatively short run.

For my lifetime, I associate that uniform for that particular Super Bowl. I unfortunately wasn't alive for the others won during the 70's.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Plus, I see that uniform and think of this guy:

kordell-stewart.jpg

He's more or less forgotten now, but the Slash era of Steelers football was pretty entertaining while it lasted.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Purple Mighty Ducks unis with Jiggy crying.

J.S.-Giguere-Anaheim-Ducks-Conne-Smythe-winner.jpg

White Mighty Ducks with this.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Ducks' white home uniform reminds me Kariya, Game 6 against New Jersey

Gets absolutely rocked by a blindsided Stevens elbow, out cold:

PaulKariyaKOed_medium.jpg

Comes back from the dressing room to further cement the Mighty Ducks' win with a goal, and his never ending commitment to win:

Paul_Kariya.jpg

One of my favorite players of all time.

OttawaSenators.png

I never cared for WVU's black basketball alternates... until we beat Kentucky in 2010 to get to the Final Four. I'll always associate them with that game.

T1_0327_butlermazap.jpg

This is what I came into this thread to post. To add even more, when I think of that game the one moment that stands out is Dasean nailing the three and turning around and walking down the court screaming something while pointing at the court. Probably this is our house or something. I guess Ebanks' block on Wall was pretty notable too. Anyways,

Boston-Red-Sox---2004-World-Series-Celebration-Photograph-C10202515.jpeg

This is it for me. I'll always associate the Red Sox old road grays with the red numbers and letters with the 2004 post season run. I guess selectively, since I could also associate it with 2003, but that's just how I feel.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

I never cared for WVU's black basketball alternates... until we beat Kentucky in 2010 to get to the Final Four. I'll always associate them with that game.

T1_0327_butlermazap.jpg

This is what I came into this thread to post. To add even more, when I think of that game the one moment that stands out is Dasean nailing the three and turning around and walking down the court screaming something while pointing at the court. Probably this is our house or something. I guess Ebanks' block on Wall was pretty notable too. Anyways,

I don't think I've ever been more amped up than while watching that. I think he was saying something to the extent of "Thats my f-cking ball!" I still watch the highlights on youtube from time to time. Always gives me chills.

90758391980.gif

Archived