New Era unveils new on-field sidelines caps

phutmasterflex

look at this guy. the nerve of him, 'pimping' this 5950 out in public.

Seattle+Mariners+v+New+York+Yankees+WXh9MvI2dlil.jpg

straight up ghetto thug if you ask me.

If he wore the cap with a straight bill and sticker w/the size on it then it would be somewhat ghetto. However, Mr. Jeter is wearing that cap the right way. Tugged down straight w/a bent brim.

Gotta wonder if he wears a Yankees hat in public. Maybe he has a whole collection of New Era hats. Maybe he wears an Astros hat to Jimmy John's or something.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LIDS-Markup_EB2.jpg

And, what does this prove?

When people keep the stickers on, it's like they just stole it.

I mean, do people keep their size stickers on their pants when they wear them? It's the same thing

long.jpg

Thats a weird way of thinking beacuse,when I see someone leave the sticker on I think it looks stupid but, I couldn't care less how someone else decides to wear a hat.

LIDS-Markup_EB2.jpg

I mean, do people keep their size stickers on their pants when they wear them? It's the same thing

long.jpg

Thats a weird way of thinking beacuse,when I see someone leave the sticker on I think it looks stupid but, I couldn't care less how someone else decides to wear a hat.

The way I see it is that caps and pants are article of clothing. Both have stickers that feature the size of the clothing. So in that sense, when we wear pants, we take off the stickers, so why not the same with caps? Not a weird way I guess. It's really the same in both cases.

Go A's!

LIDS-Markup_EB2.jpg

long.jpg

The way I see it is that caps and pants are article of clothing. Both have stickers that feature the size of the clothing. So in that sense, when we wear pants, we take off the stickers, so why not the same with caps? Not a weird way I guess. It's really the same in both cases.

I understand your point but, I also think that the hat stickers are different, because its supposed to be fashionable or something. I'm not saying that's a good reason but it makes sense at least to me when I see people leave their sticker on.

...I also think that the hat stickers are different, because its supposed to be fashionable or something. I'm not saying that's a good reason but it makes sense at least to me when I see people leave their sticker on.

Hat stickers were never meant to be fashionable. They were just there to make it easier in the stores to find a hat of your size without removing all of them from the rack and looking inside the band.

Just like stickers on pants on the shelves of a store...the stickers let you see the sizes without unfolding all of the pants.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

LIDS-Markup_EB2.jpg

long.jpg

I understand your point but, I also think that the hat stickers are different, because its supposed to be fashionable or something.

I think the part I italicized is where I debate. The original purpose of the sticker isn't to be used as "fashion" but since people started doing it, people followed. I guess if enough people leave the stickers on their pants, it becomes fashionable. But I think I'm against it because fashion is about creativity and there's nothing creative about leaving a sticker on.

I'm sure we'll look back at this in 20 years and laugh how ridiculous all this was.

Go A's!

At least it doesn't look like this, this to me was pandering to the urban stye crowd. (plus ugly, if your gonna do the text style do it better like how it looked in the 90s)

NFL_Draft_PHIEAG_59FIFTY.jpg

Also, I really cant believe that the stickers left one, and well the flat brim (but more the sticker left on), is STILL somehow "cool" among the people that do that. Then again I see they are selling hats with zubaz brim's on hats, did ANYONE really want that fad back?

Again this is just my opinion, not the style I like.

Also, how is this comment about 47 brand hats not racist? I myself, especially since I have a smaller head now (I lost alot of weight) love 47 brand hats, and they are really comfortable.

what brand makes NFL hats for crotchety, aging and slightly overweight white men? does dockers make nfl hats?

When I say the people that do the flat brim and stickers left on, I mean the ghetto/urban style people, which isn't just black people.

You younger folks don't remember but in the 90s the trend was to leave the TAG on the cap. So in other words this isn't some new age fad. It's always been around.

I don't remember seeing that in the 90s. I saw them wear their caps sideways and pulled one pant leg up.

Go A's!

Archived