Twins - Royals TBTC this Saturday

CC97

That's going to be a beauty of a game. Can't wait to see them together in action! Love both caps too, might have to find me a Millers one.

And those Millers socks....yes. Just yes. Love the stripes.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm kind of surprised the Twins are doing this since for so long they consciously downplayed any idea that they were a Minneapolis team and went so far as introducing the TC caps to avoid having to wear an M that could be mistaken for Minneapolis. I guess they figure they've been both cities' team long enough already and the St. Paul Saints still exist... sort of.

Too bad there's no classic AA cities in the NL that the Brewers could do a promotion like this with.

When I was a kid, listening to Twins games in the 1960s, I'd hear Halsey Hall talking about the Minneapolis Millers. At the time, my question was, "Why was the Minneapolis minor league team named after moths?"

It took me a year or so to put 2 and 2 together and figure out the other meaning of the word "miller" and why it was appropriate for Minneapolis.

I never said I was a smart kid.

Back when the St. Paul Saints and Minneapolis Millers existed they'd often schedule split-double headers that had a game at both ballparks in one day. Since the Twins moved into Target Field I've had the idea that once a year they should schedule a split-double header and wear Millers unis for one and Saints unis for the other.

SportsSig-1.jpg

They were selling ebbets field brand at the stadium. One was a floppy hat with the strap in the back for like $27 and the fitteds were $45. I saw someone on the jumbotron with a new era hat, must have gotten that online.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived