Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and still my favorite sweater of all time.

NHL_jersey_Sale_17300012.jpg

they so need to go back to this look.

correct. they nailed it the 1st time and then started messing with it for the sake of changing it when it was perfect all along.

The new logo is a huge improvement, so is the deeper shade of teal. That being said, grey definitely made a better accent than orange.

*unpopular opinion alert*

Remove the "Y" from the sleeves, and THIS is what I'd have BYU wear:

sarkisian-byu-p1.jpg

medium.jpg

Much preferred the consistency of two stripes, and of course, royal over stolenAggie blue :P The added black trim was very tastefully done as well, and while I like the McMahon set, I (again, *unpopular opinion alert*) think the black trimmed sets looked better.

I've always liked this set, but I figured it's because these were their uniforms when I started at the Y.

I prefer the '94 Cotton Bowl version in your second picture to the '95-'96 sets which had no pants stripes. (For all you trivia folks out there, in '92, BYU introduced black outlines to their numbers. The drop shadow first appeared in the '94 Cotton Bowl inspired by the throwback uniforms of the Steve Young-led '94 49ers. The drop shadow became permanent in '95.)

Here are pics of the stripe-less versions:

Cotton972.jpgitula-mili.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

This Texans combo:

david-carr-houston-texans-dropping-back-autographed-photograph-3368704.jpg

These were are my favorite Air Force uniforms. I'd like to see them ditch black, bring back the silver and use this look full time, and also keep Thunderbirds uniforms as an alternate.

aaf425418ca289fdc789d48503821a60.jpg

These. Definitely these.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

3044021323_f2157c9c1c.jpg

Does anyone know if the Hawks are going to have an alternate again?

jasper.jpg

p472778780-3.jpg

Florida "UF" logo

Don't have a picture to post, but I greatly prefer the South Carolina football uniforms of the 1980s. The red helmet made the logo seem to pop more, and the striping on the jersey and pants looked better to me. This was the uniform worn by Sterling Sharpe when he went there.

These were are my favorite Air Force uniforms. I'd like to see them ditch black, bring back the silver and use this look full time, and also keep Thunderbirds uniforms as an alternate.

These. Definitely these.

I would love to see these become a full time look for Air Force. That helmet could become the next Michigan wings

100310ap_navyairforce_football2_800.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Yes, the rumor is that the black alternate is coming back next season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yes, the rumor is that the black alternate is coming back next season.

The Indian head doesn't look too good in black to me. It looks too low-key and doesn't pop.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

The Indian head doesn't look too good in black to me. It looks too low-key and doesn't pop.

They need to go back to the pre-1999 uniforms with the tan outline around the logo. That would help a lot.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Looks absolutely nothing like a goat (left). In fact it looks more like a Buffalo than any logo they've had. The one in the classic logo looks like a non-descript white blob while the slug looks like... a slug.

zsabresgoat.png

Not as bad as when Penguins fans call this logo a pigeon.

200px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_Logo_1992-2001.svg.png

Ughhh... hell no. Those were cheap looking and beyond dated by the time they finally got rid of them. The Lakers' current uniforms, albeit imperfect, are the best they've ever worn.

By the way, slightly off-topic, but I saw this cool fashion jersey based off those uniforms with a matching "Los Angeles" script.

$(KGrHqV,!hME2fFNy14mBNpW(8hkbQ~~_3.JPG

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

By fashion jersey, you mean fake?

Also, no. The current uniforms suck. Those jerseys were by far the best the Lakers have ever worn. What was dated about them? They were in a classic basketball template and were worn by the team through multiple championship eras. They shouldn't have been changed. You want dated - that would be the silly Nike wishbone collar piping template with the random spot of color behind the neck. THAT is dated.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Ok, it's similar to the actual but, this...

display_image.jpgjohnson.jpg

shaquille-oneal-lakers-retire-jersey.jpg

P.s. Rodman in the wrong uniform! ;)

Replace those wordmarks with the current updated wordmarks, and we have a winner. I always liked those alot more than the current stuck-in-2000 sets, a much more timeless look. Even besides that, the purple numbers-white drop shadow goes against the gold MUCH better than white numbers-purple outline does. Nothing "cheap" about them save the wordmarks, which as I alluded at the top, is a very easy fix.

If the Lakers should insist on keeping the currents, though, I'd at least like to see the home numbers changed to purple-white outline.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

These. Definitely these.

I would love to see these become a full time look for Air Force. That helmet could become the next Michigan wings

100310ap_navyairforce_football2_800.jpg

Nitpicking, but if they go full time with this look, I'd make a simple change to help the symmetry of the uniform. By simply changing the sleeves to white like the NY Jets, the shoulder stripes could be red-white-blue to match the pants stripes. Something about the red-blue-white shoulder stripes has always looked a bit off to me.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived