Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

Lots to choose from...here's round one: Football

To anyone that knows me around here, this first one comes as no surprise.

Best Rams uniform ever.

1108d1253712701-interview-w-deacon-jones-sept-27-jersey-retired-rams-defense25.jpg

Best NFL uniform ever.

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

I am sorry, but Royal Blue and Golden Yellow for me.

And I agree with you on the Redskins.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a great logo, and I have to admit, never knew it existed. Was it a one year experiment?

No, Ray Alborn used it when he coached there from 1978 or 1979 to 1983. It's too great a logo to have such a short a lifespan, particularly when you consider some of the logos Rice used before and after it.

FsQiF2W.png

MapleLeafs38.png

That's my whale. A size 44/46 authentic. Plus that Maple Leaf Gardens patch.

That font for the numbers and the nameplate are perfect. Much as I like the block font, the font on these matched the one on the logo. Plus it helped that the Leafs played better then.

I hope this comes back for the Winter Classic or for the centennial.

2333935500100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

The MTS Centre has a complete collection of the TBTC jerseys hanging in that really tiny concourse. So jealous.

Plus this one

MapleLeafsSpecial2.png

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Though I think both pants stink and would stink if you flip flopped 'em. Dark blue pants (color of the sleeves) for both jerseys.

I was looking for the pre-black Northwestern uniforms and found nothing, but the home and alt road here would be great:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Green+Bay+Packers+v+Seattle+Seahawks+104NC7krUwFl.jpg

Though I think both pants stink and would stink if you flip flopped 'em. Dark blue pants (color of the sleeves) for both jerseys.

YES! The away set with these pants was top 3 in the league. Also loved them with them home, the white pants looked stupid and forced.

Forgot these as well

Either this set

bcc06c6bbf22db8a3aa383a1eefc.jpg

tumblr_m6yy2v4dTl1r9hrxoo1_1280.jpg

Or this one

393123_10.jpg

and why stop at logos I wish they would have never left this place for the hideous dump they play in now

astrod60.jpg

Thanks a lot HOK for giving us all these wannabe Camden Yards. The retro crazy should have stopped at PNC. I'll admit PNC is a beautiful place but I'll take a cookie cutter or dome any day over a Citizens Bank or Minute Maid.

IMO:

Astrodome > Minute Maid

Busch Memorial > New Busch

Veterans > Citizens Bank

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

MapleLeafs38.png

Eek, no thank you. That number/name font is way to cute for a team like the Maple Leafs.

"Cute"? Nah... it just matches the font used in their logo, which is good.

Yes, cute. The idea of a custom number font is, in fact, cute. It's a gimmick. Which is fine for some teams, but not for one of the oldest, most storied teams in the league. Block works just fine. There's no pressing need to match the name/number font to the text in the logo anyway. And if there really is, I would prefer it if they ditched the very 70s font of their logo and replaced that with block text.

Besides, the uniform set you posted doesn't even accomplish what you claim it does. The numbers have a double outline, while the text in the leaf (and the text for the names) don't.

"Cute"? Nah... it just matches the font used in their logo, which is good.

But the font is one of my most hated ever. If the Leafs moved on from Kabel like most of the world did after circa 1993, I'd be fine with that.

The prior NOB type, which was like a thicker, rounder block, was my favorite.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes, cute. The idea of a custom number font is, in fact, cute. It's a gimmick. Which is fine for some teams, but not for one of the oldest, most storied teams in the league. Block works just fine. There's no pressing need to match the name/number font to the text in the logo anyway. And if there really is, I would prefer it if they ditched the very 70s font of their logo and replaced that with block text.

Besides, the uniform set you posted doesn't even accomplish what you claim it does. The numbers have a double outline, while the text in the leaf (and the text for the names) don't.

I hated the pre-EDGE jerseys too. I didn't like the rounded font at all. Rounded fonts altogether do not belong in sports. They perfected their look with what they have now. All they have to do is go back to their white alternate, and it's perfect.

OttawaSenators.png

YES! The away set with these pants was top 3 in the league. Also loved them with them home, the white pants looked stupid and forced.

Dude, no. They would still be horrible, just a different kind of horrible. They would no longer have the monochrome problem, but they would create a new problem of the tights look with the pants matching the socks. Also, it would look horribly unbalanced, having all navy from the waist down and all lighter blue from the waist up. Add in the fact that it looks extremely amateurish to have pants darker than a colored jersey, and that set might actually be worse than the scuba suit set pictured. Then again, I would take it over the crap they will be wearing for the next five years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Dude, no. They would still be horrible, just a different kind of horrible. They would no longer have the monochrome problem, but they would create a new problem of the tights look with the pants matching the socks. Also, it would look horribly unbalanced, having all navy from the waist down and all lighter blue from the waist up. Add in the fact that it looks extremely amateurish to have pants darker than a colored jersey, and that set might actually be worse than the scuba suit set pictured. Then again, I would take it over the crap they will be wearing for the next five years.

I'm sorry I thought he was referring to the Seahawk Blue pants, not the navy's. I agree the Navy pants were really stupid. What I was saying is the Seahawk Blue pants were the best for both Home and Away

and why stop at logos I wish they would have never left this place for the hideous dump they play in now

astrod60.jpg

Thanks a lot HOK for giving us all these wannabe Camden Yards. The retro crazy should have stopped at PNC. I'll admit PNC is a beautiful place but I'll take a cookie cutter or dome any day over a Citizens Bank or Minute Maid.

IMO:

Astrodome > Minute Maid

Busch Memorial > New Busch

Veterans > Citizens Bank

You've gotta be kidding. I can see the first two; the Astrodome was the first of its kind, revolutionary, the 8th wonder of the world, etc. while Minute Maid is basically a Camden Yards clone with a retractable roof. Old Busch was the nicest of the cookie cutters and had that cool arch pattern in the roof, while New Busch is just another Camden Yards clone. But Veterans Stadium better than Citizens Bank Park? That's where you lost me. All these new retro clones might not be the most exciting things in the world, but they're a hell of a lot better than all the cookie cutter clones. I'll take Citizens Bank, Citi Field, or Rangers Ballpark over Veterans, Riverfront, or Three Rivers stadium any day, and I don't think many people will disagree.

Archived