Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

There are plenty. These are the first that come to mind:

This set, home and road, for the Nets:

netskiddabauni.pngnetsbrooksnyuni.png

This cap logo and wordmark for the Cleveland Indians

pellisjohn.png

(Though, of course, on a uniform with a button-down jersey and with belted pants.)

Honourable mention:

* the Padres' rounded, lower-case wordmark, the one they wore through 1984 (but without the orange; only brown/yellow)

* the L.A. Clippers' San Diego-era unis

* the L.A. Rams' last / St.L. Rams' first uni set

The Mets, the Blue Jays, and the Buffalo Bills would be on this list if they hadn't already done the right thing and brought back their true looks, the looks that they never should have gone away from.

On this note, I feel the need to give a big thank-you to the Braves, who did the right thing 25 years ago, and reclaimed the look that had been historically theirs for decades before -- in both of their former home cities. I admit that I also like their 70s unis, which means that I cannot truthfully say about them that they never should have gone away from their reclaimed look. But I as a uniform fan feel like I owe the Braves thanks for preserving part of our cultural visual history. Despite their occasional dalliance with nonsense (the red alt jersey), the Braves have (re-)joined the Yankees and Dodgers as teams with timeless looks that bridge the centuries.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2mfvbvr35etmph7g34eveeh5o.gif

The black uniform has always looked incomplete without the pinstripes.

I actually don't want to see those return. Those are great uniforms worn by two of the best teams in NBA history. We went 72-10 and 69-13 in those and won two titles so they won't break them out again. If another Bulls team earns it with a great season and a title then fine, but for now those are reserved for Jordan and co.

Lots to choose from...here's round one: Football

To anyone that knows me around here, this first one comes as no surprise.

Best Rams uniform ever.

1108d1253712701-interview-w-deacon-jones-sept-27-jersey-retired-rams-defense25.jpg

Best Browns uniforms ever.

1980-cleveland-browns-games-for-sale-on-dvd-823b.jpgp-103975-brian-sipe-cleveland-browns-8x10-photo-psi-sipeb003.jpg

Why the Lions went away from these is anyone's guess.

Barry-Sanders.jpgfe898db994ea11731f0a94bcdfef57b3.gif

Best NFL uniform ever.

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

The Buckeyes need to go back to these sleeves.

maurice-clarett-ohio-state-buckeyes.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Why the Angels got rid of these is absolutely mystifying to me.

02.jpg

01.jpg

The Disney-era unis were without question the worst they ever wore, and to ditch these for the Disney unis is borderline criminal.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

5663462156_ffb32de475_z.jpg

Yes. Even with the crown on the chest. Just bring back the purple.

There's too much of a blackout in the NHL these days, just way too many teams wearing all-black at home as their primaries.

Agree with you about the Kings, they need to have purple, but now that they won they Cup it's going to be a long time before we see any change in their branding. Crests should remain in Soccer, I never did like that logo, only the huge crown. One shouldn't have to zoom in on a uniform to fully make out their logo.

I liked the one you posted, but just if it had the crown only logo.

2391541.jpg

On 6/26/2012 at 1:24 PM, tommytimp said:

Why the Angels got rid of these is absolutely mystifying to me.

The Disney-era unis were without question the worst they ever wore, and to ditch these for the Disney unis is borderline criminal.

I would not bring these back because I just love what they have now.

But otherwise, I totally agree. These were really, really nice and I was really disappointed to see them replaced by those awful Disney uniforms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Best Rams uniform ever.

1108d1253712701-interview-w-deacon-jones-sept-27-jersey-retired-rams-defense25.jpg

I'm a big fan of those too .... the ram horns on the helmet back then look so much more authentic than the decal-logos they currently use, and from '65-'71 they barely ever wore their blue jerseys which I think look sharp. They were like Dallas, always wearing white at home until Tommy Prothro came in 1972 and the yellow was added and the blue changed to a more royal.

Look how angular the ram horns were in the front of the helmet ... too bad they ruined that.

5029232.jpg4349633.jpg

If I'm in the Owner's seat, the Diamondbacks ditch the Astros knockoffs and bring 1998 to the forefront.

nl_1998_arizona.gif

I know the colors are easy to point to and say "90's fad!!!", but I argue that the colors more than fit the region and culture of the Southwest. I spent my childhood in Southeastern Utah and vividly remember similar colors used in decor and art all throughout the area. This identity screamed "Arizona". And dang, I loved that black road cap. Saw it a lot where I lived with a few Diamondback fans in that neighborhood.

Although I actually prefer what they wore in the World Series, I agree, the colors could not have been more appropriate for a team from the southwest.

Best Rams uniform ever.

they barely ever wore their blue jerseys which I think look sharp.

Look how angular the ram horns were in the front of the helmet ... too bad they ruined that.

5029232.jpg4349633.jpg

Yeah, I liked their blue jerseys too but I wish they had used the same stripes as the white jerseys. Do that and it's the perfect football uniform. Here's another shot of the rarely seen blue jerseys.

I agree on the helmet stripes as well. That version of the Rams helmet was the best helmet in the league.

phil_olsen_1971_07_31.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Archived