Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

1993clene.jpg

These pants are just AWESOME.

For about 18 years I thought those unis were pretty hideous, but I wouldn't mind seeing them return as a one-off. Would love to see the 1994 set return as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1340747213' post='1835179']
1340733549' post='1835040']

5663462156_ffb32de475_z.jpg

Yes. Even with the crown on the chest. Just bring back the purple.

There's too much of a blackout in the NHL these days, just way too many teams wearing all-black at home as their primaries.

Agree with you about the Kings, they need to have purple, but now that they won they Cup it's going to be a long time before we see any change in their branding. Crests should remain in Soccer, I never did like that logo, only the huge crown. One shouldn't have to zoom in on a uniform to fully make out their logo.

I liked the one you posted, but just if it had the crown only logo.

2391541.jpg

I like the crown the best as well. I like the crest though but not really as the primary logo. In my opinion. The jersey you posted was one I the best of the early Reeok Edge era and I one of my favorite jerseys.

Aside from the aforementioned Patriots and Rays uniforms...

NFL:

PH_2001-12-31_steeldw-a.jpg

272308_display_image.jpg

1194994968_eab61f2c9b_o.jpg

(This would be the Colts' permanent road look.)

art-schlichter_display_image.jpg

(I'd also bring back this pants stripe with the horseshoe numbers, but on the regular white and blue pants.)

cowboys-emmitt-smith-8x10-color-photo-1-double-star-90-t852436-500.jpgcowboys-troy-aikman-8x10-color-photo-1-double-star-90-t852431-500.jpg

(These would replace the hideous mismatched "classic" uniforms entirely.)

dickey03pf-1.jpg

(Just the pants design - numbers and all.)

491487_display_image.jpgkurt-warner-st-louis-rams.jpg

G9GDK.png

(Finally, no more navy jerseys, and yellow pants return for the Chargers.)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

MLB:

nl_1979_sandiego.gif

(I'd tweak them to be actual vests instead of faux-vest pullovers, however.)

I don't think "faux" existed as a design idea back then -- things either were or they weren't. It was just supposed to be a pullover;

winfield_padres.jpg

Also, Dave Winfield was boss:

50812388.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Minnesota%20North%20Stars%2080s%20away.jpg

(Not sure how that one would work.)

That was such a cool looking logo, and color-combo. I remember the first one that was circled.

What should have happened and I thought would, was when they moved to Dallas they should have changed their name to the Dallas 'Lone Stars' ... it would have made all the sense in the world and giving them their own Texas identity..

Hec, they dropped the 'North' from the nickname in their final 2 season in Bloomington-MN anyway ...

Then when Minnesota got a team back years later they could have gotten their North Stars branding back ...

Hey, if you can have 2 different 'SOX' teams in MLB, no reason why you couldn't have 2 different STARS teams in the NHL

Problem is that the move occurred a few seasons too soon as it was the fans of Cleveland came up with that idea a few years later when the Browns split for Baltimore.

I got to see those uni's in the 70s when they came to the Aud to play the Sabres and seeing Gump Worsley in goal, still without wearing a facemask. Cesar Maniago was their backup goalie back then.

gump23.jpg

one_worsley05.jpg

Archived