Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

Oh yay, another thread in which I will feel obligated to rant about my favourite team's current look and how much more I liked the old logo and unif

myfavoritejerseys.jpeg

...Beat me to it :P

Anyway.

preview_868_64243.jpg

I would love it if the Ducks brought these back as the full-time set, but I'd be happy even if it was only a once-a-year deal, like a St Patrick's day thing. Although they've taken a step in the right direction by bringing the duck mask back as an alternate logo.

Never really was as much of a fan of the eggplant jersey as I was the white one, it might have been the fact they never wore it in the movie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really torn on the Ducks because I love both of their color schemes. Their first alternate is the only bad jersey they've had.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

pMLB2-9672276dt.jpg

I know a different colored squatchee isn't that much of a difference, but it looks so much better than the black one.

I'm the opposite. I hate buttons/squatchees that don't match the brim, which is why I would bring this back:

49078_01_lg.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

2006-11-04-mary.jpg

Maryland%20Terrapins%20football%208.JPG

9-DemetriusHartsfield-Linebacker.png

Maryland's uniforms were plenty "unique" before Kevin Anderson had the entire Athletics Department "reinvented". Now they look like a mess. Simply put, the Terps won games wearing the old uniforms and looked awful (both figuratively and literally) in the new ones. Bring these back.

This isn't a uniform or logo per say, but I would love to see a return to the days when teams each had their own uniform and apparel suppliers, with no league-wide uniform contracts. Teams were able to be much more unique when this was the case - you never saw one template stamped out and sent to the whole league like you do now.

Anubis.png

2006-11-04-mary.jpg

Maryland's uniforms were plenty "unique" before Kevin Anderson had the entire Athletics Department "reinvented". Now they look like a mess. Simply put, the Terps won games wearing the old uniforms and looked awful (both figuratively and literally) in the new ones. Bring these back.

Except for the number font, I prefer the older Nike ones:

display_image.jpg31_chris-downs-22.GIF

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2006-11-04-mary.jpg

Except for the number font, I prefer the older Nike ones:

display_image.jpg31_chris-downs-22.GIF

As for me I prefer the set before that one...

31_Bruce_perry_stiff_arm.GIFa-perry092201.jpg

(In all seriousness who besides Kevin Plank and Randy Edsall can honestly say Maryland's current uniforms are better than the 3 sets above?)

90758391980.gif

202098316.jpg

So much class.

If they were to have placed the Disney mask on the shoulders instead, I'd have been alright with a rebrand focusing on this set. Would have been a much better direction than the current. The only (slight) concern I'd have is that it looks a little like something the Kings would wear. Of course that wouldn't matter now with LA in black and silver, but back then, maybe.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Never knew about the Maple Leaf regiment. I always figured the Leafs were the Leafs because it was shorter for newspaper headlines, a la Red Sox and White Sox. Ya learn something everyday.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

(In all seriousness who besides Kevin Plank and Randy Edsall can honestly say Maryland's current uniforms are better than the 3 sets above?)

Here they had something timeless, yet unmistakably Maryland. They never should've strayed from this.

Here they had something timeless, yet unmistakably Maryland. They never should've strayed from this.

C'mon now you guys mean to tell me you dont like a team that looks like a taxi cab crashed into a bunch of Teutonic Knights? ^_^

Maple Leafs, being grammatically incorrect

They're named after the WWII Maple Leaf regiment. As it is a proper noun, it is grammatically correct.

Then they should be the Toronto Maple Leaf Regiments.

In that case, the Hawks should be the Chicago Blackhawk Divisions, the Ducks should be the Anaheim The Mighty Ducks, and the Preds the Nashville Pile of Bones That Was Found on the Arena Construction Site.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Maple Leafs, being grammatically incorrect

They're named after the WWII Maple Leaf regiment. As it is a proper noun, it is grammatically correct.

Then they should be the Toronto Maple Leaf Regiments.

No they shouldn't. And leafs is an acceptable plural form of leaf.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived