Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

jncox9

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe try switching up the red and gold. Kinda like how the numbers are. Red with gold trim

Agreed. I'd also try to make the laurel leaves contrast more (perhaps make the gold stripe white and the laurel leaves gold instead).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Jncox9, I'm jealous and I hate you for it. You have quite a talent for understanding how to effectively take unique design cues and cohesively put them together to create just the right brand for each team that you post.

Your Islanders concept was a neat idea though I'd find a better primary logo for it. I can safely say it's the best Islanders alt concept I've seen in a while so props on that.

Onto the Sens. This is a team I've struggled with for so long to find the right look. I always knew I wanted to go with laurel striping but couldn't quite do it without it looking kind of tacky. Yet here you've made a fantastic set, and have found a way to make the laurels look natural and in tune with the rest of the uniform. Superb job! If need any input, black is the way to go and the home needs more white

Midway.png

Personally, I'm not a fan of Ottawa. The gold-white-red colors clash too much and they look dulled. I'm not a fan of the gold. I have never seen an Ottawa concept with gold as a primary color that I liked. I still maintain that gold should only be used as an accent color. It's not strong enough, or appealing to be a primary color.

OttawaSenators.png

I actually like the gold on the Sens, it's a unique look. It's not going to be a look everyone likes for sure but it would stand out from the crowd. I agree with the comment that the black home could use a bit more white for contrast and to play off the white logo outline and names on the back. Not sure how you achieve that though without making it overly striped?

Any chance you could eventually put that beautiful home jersey for the Avs on a player/action shot?

I've made a few changes to my original home and away version.

Senators-JustinCox-2.jpg?t=1341170820

I changed the shade of red and made the black, white and red stripes more prominent within the design. Although I made some modest changes, I think this is a huge improvement. Some Sens fans won't like it, though. Hopefully I'll start adding more concepts soon.

St. Louis Blues

Blues-JustinCox.jpg?t=1341358318

Not that the Blues are in need of new uniforms but I really wanted to simplify their look. The striping takes the design in a more retro direction and is a nod back to the 1973-74 jerseys. I made navy blue the base color and the lighter blue an accent. To top it all off, I added a modified version of those great trumpet logo shoulder patches.

• 2 weeks later...

Anaheim Ducks

Ducks-JustinCox.jpg?t=1342071017

My main purpose here was to create a new Anaheim Ducks set that used an actual help. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a logo designer so I had to resort to using some other logos. As soon as I discovered the QC Mallards logos I immediately wished Anaheim would have similar logos. So what I did for my concept was modify their flying mallard logo. I always thought the way it was flying was kind of weird so I took a different approach to it. The secondary logo represents Southern CA. While most of this was mine, I had to resort to some small contributions from stock art. In the end I like how the design came out but I just wish I could design my own (good) logos. What do you guys think? Any C&C is much appreciated/

Anaheim Ducks

My main purpose here was to create a new Anaheim Ducks set that used an actual help. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a logo designer so I had to resort to using some other logos. As soon as I discovered the QC Mallards logos I immediately wished Anaheim would have similar logos. So what I did for my concept was modify their flying mallard logo. I always thought the way it was flying was kind of weird so I took a different approach to it. The secondary logo represents Southern CA. While most of this was mine, I had to resort to some small contributions from stock art. In the end I like how the design came out but I just wish I could design my own (good) logos. What do you guys think? Any C&C is much appreciated/

As much as I love these, the shoulder logo is a little too close to Florida's stick and palm tree IMO. That being said it is a much better logo than Florida's stick and palm tree! Great job though on all these!

untitled-6.jpg

The issue with the logo is that the wings seem to come from his underbelly; there's no "starting point". Also, the home would look better with white striping as opposed to tan. Other than that, this is a great concept. Black/orange/green would have been one of the best colour schemes - if not the best - in the NHL had the Ducks gone this route when they re-branded.

Ottawa Senators

Senators-JustinCox-1.jpg?t=1340918507

I started to create this a long time agon, until a very similar one was posted on HJC and I sort of gave up on it. But I decided to finish it. When making this concept I had three purposes. One, return the laurel leaves to the design. Two, make gold a bigger part of the design, and three, MAKE THIS UNUSED LOGO THE PRIMARY. The first thing was something I wanted to do. However others did not like it so much. So I decided to make them a little less noticeable so I made them a sublimated pattern in the hem stripes. I think it could still use a little work so if you have any suggestions just let me know!

I like this version the best, however the laurel leaves are weird. They're black in the logo, but subliminated in the stripes. Either make both black (preferred) or subliminate both.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Boston Bruins

Boston-JustinCox.jpg?t=1342742930

I have always loved the Bruins using brown and I would love to see them introduce a brown third. I created this using their bear logo without the outline/shield and wanted to create a more retro feel for this jersey. I went along with their regular look and used yellow socks. I also used yellow gloves which was a bold move but I think it works with the jersey and socks. Any C&C is appreciated!

That is a beautiful jersey. I'd love to see it replace their current third. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of brown/gold for the Bruins, but I think it works for throwback/third jersey purposes. The only tweaks I would suggest would be to make the captaincy patch white and to make the gloves brown.

That is a beautiful jersey. I'd love to see it replace their current third. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of brown/gold for the Bruins, but I think it works for throwback/third jersey purposes. The only tweaks I would suggest would be to make the captaincy patch white and to make the gloves brown.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to play around with it a little more. I agree about the brown/gold thing. Black is so overused as a jersey base color IMO. I would love to see the Bruins go with a yellow home jersey or brown alternate!

Boston looks great, I agree that they should use brown and yellow for a third jersey. I think for the yellow gloves to work, you need to include some other colours on them (similar to how the rangers gloves are red, but have lots of blue/white). I also think you should change the captain's letter to yellow to match the name on back.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Anaheim Ducks

These are gorgeous and unique. Would love to see these on the bright white ice of a rink. Would really pop. Agreed that the tan striping on the home should be white.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy so it's been a while since I've posted anything. Here's a Blue Jackets concept.

391301_413599418675674_583194081_n.jpg

Some rules the Blue Jackets need to follow: 1) Use more blue. After all, you're called the BLUE Jackets. 2) Ditch the flag and star logo and use the Cannon or a new logo. The cannon logo isn't that great but it represents the brand well. 3) Move to the AHL. Rick Nash is gone. Just kidding. But this is my concept for what, I think, a CBJ jersey should look like. I added a second shade of blue and some gold as accent. I've seen a few other concepts do it but I think gold compliments the blues nicely. Many of you may have seen Avi S. and someone elses rendering of a proposed Blue Jackets logo. I created my own version (still very similar) of that logo and placed it on the shoulders. Lastly I added stars on the cuffs and a few other small details to top off the design. As always C&C is appreciated. Thanks!

Archived