Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

jncox9

The Dallas jerseys (and, hell, all of them) look great! Great, unique striping on the main set, and I'm a big fan of the gold alt. It uses an uncommon color, and uses it well! On the logo front, I agree with BigBubba that the bull's horns could use a little tweaking, maybe be made to be a little smaller. And just on a practical/logistical note, I'm just trying to figure out where a captain's/alternate's letter would go on that third jersey! Maybe between the horn and the tie-down, but it'd be a bit of a tight squeeze.

As for what to do next, maybe I'm biased, but I'm always interested to see Rangers jerseys, just because they seem to be one or two rungs below the Canadiens as far as "untouchability," and I really like seeing new and original concepts for teams like that.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dallas jerseys (and, hell, all of them) look great! Great, unique striping on the main set, and I'm a big fan of the gold alt. It uses an uncommon color, and uses it well! On the logo front, I agree with BigBubba that the bull's horns could use a little tweaking, maybe be made to be a little smaller. And just on a practical/logistical note, I'm just trying to figure out where a captain's/alternate's letter would go on that third jersey! Maybe between the horn and the tie-down, but it'd be a bit of a tight squeeze.

As for what to do next, maybe I'm biased, but I'm always interested to see Rangers jerseys, just because they seem to be one or two rungs below the Canadiens as far as "untouchability," and I really like seeing new and original concepts for teams like that.

Thanks for the feedback! I agree that the Rangers are untouchable. The only thing I would change is have the away jerseys say 'New York' rather than 'Rangers.' I have started working on a Lady Liberty jersey though!

all of your concepts have been great! i've been following you on HJC and on here for some time now, but i finally have some time to actually comment and tell you how awesome these are. i especially love your CBJ set. a few months back, i did a complete rebrand of the team where i incorporated the gold much like you did, and i think it looks very unique. do you mind if i take your CBJ concept and base an entire set off of it? the team really needs a good rebrand.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

all of your concepts have been great! i've been following you on HJC and on here for some time now, but i finally have some time to actually comment and tell you how awesome these are. i especially love your CBJ set. a few months back, i did a complete rebrand of the team where i incorporated the gold much like you did, and i think it looks very unique. do you mind if i take your CBJ concept and base an entire set off of it? the team really needs a good rebrand.

Agree, 100% with you.

As for what team to do next, would like to see what you do with the Jets.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm actually planning on doing an entire set myself.

Vancouver Canucks Collaboration between Colin May and Myself (Justin Cox)

CanucksCollab-JustinCoxColinMay.jpg

Colin May is not only a concept artist but also a die hard Canucks fan. He bleeds green and blue and runs a blog, Shirt of a Canuck , dedicated to Canucks design. I am also a big Canucks fan and have always wanted the Canucks to go back to their original uniforms (similar to the 40th anniversary jersey) using the modern third jersey logos. Colin came up with a design like this and I loved it! He was also a fan of my third jersey so we decided to do a collab together. We changed eachothers up quite a bit (made my third more retro and suded same striping as current third) and finally got to the end result! We finished this a few months ago but I thought I'd still share it and hear your thoughts.

As a lifelong Canucks fan, I must say this set looks absolutely fantastic! The home and alternate jerseys are sheer perfection. The only criticism I can give are the blue cuffs on the road jersey. They don't look awful but I feel the set would look cleaner and more consistent without them.

Either way, great work as usual.

Justin and Colin, TOO BAD you both aren't billionaires. I wish you guys and not the Aquilinis owned the Canucks after what I just saw. Great, great concepts, you guys. Just one suggestion though. Use block-style numbers with green trimming for the primary blues and whites. You got it right for the green alternate, though. Neverless, I would "go for the hat-trick" and buy all three of your jerseys. The Canucks would be one of the best looking teams on the ice.

Many cheers!

Tampa Bay Lightning

TBL-JustinCox.png

I, unlike many others, love the new Tampa Bay Lightning uniforms! I actually want to add the home jersey to my collection. It's simple, clean, and effective. The main reason I hated the old uniforms was the logos. They were downright ugly in my opinion. This project began as a way to reincorporate black and silver into the team like many people want. For the logo I wanted to take the overall style of the current primary and add details that didn't make it ugly or tacky. After many different versions I think I found a way to make it work. The jersey design is based off of the "Bolts" third jersey. I believe if the jersey ditched the nickname and put a decent logo on it, it would be great! I did that here but changed up the design to something new. I originally had curved arm stripes to match the side stripes but it was looking too much like a Ducks or Islanders jersey. I topped off the design with a modified version of the current shoulder patch and a sublimated wordmark on the bottom back of each jersey. Any C&C is much appreciated.

Starting tomorrow my schedule really starts to get busy. I still plan on making concepts as much as possible but I probably won't be able to as often. A lot of people have requested a Jets design so I'll do my best to design one when I have free time. If you haven't visited my blog you can check it out at artofhockey.blogspot.com for more of my designs! Have a good Sunday, everyone!

This is a great set. I love that it's based off of the Bolts jersey, because I love that one's design but not that Bolts script. I really can't find anything I dislike about this set. I always try and find something to comment on, but you stumped me this time man. Really awesome set here.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

That is such an amazing improvement on the current Bolts look.

I'm one that HATES the current Lightning set, but I love what you did. You took it and tweaked it and added colors, gave the logo some depth. Awesome.

The Stars set is amazing too, I love bull logos, so utilizing that really works, overall great. Same with ducks, huge improvement over what they have now given the name.

My only gripe is the Isles. You used the color of blue they recently got rid of to move back to royal blue. I love the concept, but the shade of blue being the preivous shade (or so it looks) doesn't work because they got rid of it entirely. The logo contains the royal blue.

I say make it orange and it works, really the only option for color, but if it were to be another blue it would need to have a different logo I suppose. I'm a diehard Isles fan, and I don't even mind the black and grey people seem to dislike.

Great work overall.

2ly2w09.jpg

That is such an amazing improvement on the current Bolts look.

I'm one that HATES the current Lightning set, but I love what you did. You took it and tweaked it and added colors, gave the logo some depth. Awesome.

The Stars set is amazing too, I love bull logos, so utilizing that really works, overall great. Same with ducks, huge improvement over what they have now given the name.

My only gripe is the Isles. You used the color of blue they recently got rid of to move back to royal blue. I love the concept, but the shade of blue being the preivous shade (or so it looks) doesn't work because they got rid of it entirely. The logo contains the royal blue.

I say make it orange and it works, really the only option for color, but if it were to be another blue it would need to have a different logo I suppose. I'm a diehard Isles fan, and I don't even mind the black and grey people seem to dislike.

Great work overall.

Thanks for the feedback!

Bump. I'd love to get a little more C&C on my most recent concepts. I might get a chance to work on some new ones a few nights this week. I've had a few requests to do the Jets. Any other teams that you guys want to see me do?

Archived