Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

jncox9

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello again, everyone. I was able to get a little more down time and I definitely wasn't going to use it to watch football! I was able to get another concept finished, though. I noticed the popular concept trend seems to be Minnesota Wild. Everyday on HJC there seems to be more and more. So here's my take at a Wild jersey.

Wild-JustinCox.png

The Minnesota Wild need two things...More green...and a good re-design. The Wild, in my opinion have the best logo in the league...and jerseys...not even close. Their three jerseys look nothing alike. They all have completely separate designs, colors, and logos. How can you call that a jersey set? The home jersey is a decent design but the players look like Christmas elves when on the ice. The away jersey is a lazy, Reebok cookie cutter jersey and while the third jersey is beautiful...it needs to stay a third jersey. This concept is aimed to fix those problems. The striping is based off of the third jersey and I wanted to use all four colors in the primary logo. The rest is pretty straight forward. How do you feel about this design?

Wow

That jersey looks absolutely stellar and I could not agree more with your assessment of their identity. The wild definitely are in the top 5 when it comes to logos... Their current jersey situation is an absolute tragedy. Just curious though, why are there no "Away" counterparts to your concepts?

Wow

That jersey looks absolutely stellar and I could not agree more with your assessment of their identity. The wild definitely are in the top 5 when it comes to logos... Their current jersey situation is an absolute tragedy. Just curious though, why are there no "Away" counterparts to your concepts?

Thanks for the kind words! I've been very short on time lately so I've just been making single jersey concepts. When I get some more time I plan on making some matching road jerseys for some of my recent concepts.

Hello again, everyone. I was able to get a little more down time and I definitely wasn't going to use it to watch football! I was able to get another concept finished, though. I noticed the popular concept trend seems to be Minnesota Wild. Everyday on HJC there seems to be more and more. So here's my take at a Wild jersey.

Wild-JustinCox.png

The Minnesota Wild need two things...More green...and a good re-design. The Wild, in my opinion have the best logo in the league...and jerseys...not even close. Their three jerseys look nothing alike. They all have completely separate designs, colors, and logos. How can you call that a jersey set? The home jersey is a decent design but the players look like Christmas elves when on the ice. The away jersey is a lazy, Reebok cookie cutter jersey and while the third jersey is beautiful...it needs to stay a third jersey. This concept is aimed to fix those problems. The striping is based off of the third jersey and I wanted to use all four colors in the primary logo. The rest is pretty straight forward. How do you feel about this design?

That is a great look for the Wild. Glad to see all colors in the design. Especially the yellow, which I wish Minnesota would use because it makes their colors pop.

I lurve the Wild. It's such a clean, simplistic look but it goes perfectly with the logo. And I definitely like the little use of yellow. It's a beauty of a set. I wouldn't even put shoulder patches on. Some jerseys don't need them and I'd say this one doesn't.

Btw, being a Canucks fan, also love the home jersey. That is 99% perfection in my books.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Other than the aforementioned addition of the State of Hockey shoulder patch, the only other change I'd definitely make would be the subtraction of the lame wordmark on the pants. (I do wonder, though, how the pants would look with a medium or thick red stripe with thin yellow stripes -- like the hem of the sweater.)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Justin, nice work on the Wild jersey, I'm currently working on a Wild concept too since I've found some free time and I have the same thoughts about the teams current identity. Their first jerseys were great and it's sad to see them moving away from them. Seeing an away jersey would be ideal to see what this would look like as a set.

Good call using the yellow to include all the logo's colors, I hadn't thought about doing that.

Hello everyone, I have a new concept to share really quickly.

Ottawa Senators

OttawaSens2.0-JustinCox.png

A while back I did a Sens concept but looking back I hate it. This is my updated version with some significant changes. The biggest one being the change to black which, as I hear, is what most Ottawa fans want. I also added a third jersey which is basically a red version of their current third. I'm going to let the concept do the rest of the talking but let me know what you think in the comments section below. Thanks!

Archived