Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

jncox9

As a lifelong sens fan, I have to say that that concept is better than anything they have ever worn, especially the edge jerseys. One thing I'd have to say is with the laurel leaves, would they switch directions on the sides and bottom of the sleeves? Other than that, it's perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a lifelong sens fan, I have to say that that concept is better than anything they have ever worn, especially the edge jerseys. One thing I'd have to say is with the laurel leaves, would they switch directions on the sides and bottom of the sleeves? Other than that, it's perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks! I really appreciate hearing that from a Sens fan like yourself!

I was so glad to hear all of the positive feedback for my Flyers concept! Here is my next one:

Colorado Avalanche

[iMAGE]

I live in Colorado and bleed burgundy and blue. However, I, and many others, know that the Avs are in much need of a uniform change. They have fantastic colors and logos, but the edge era completely ruined them. Here is my shot at some new, fresh unis.

Next concept will be the Quebec Nordiques!

Excellent job on the Avs concept! At first I was expecting something with a mountain-motif (similar to the striping of the original sets) but if the team would ever adopt something similar to what you created, they could use the mountain-motif for an alternate or even a throwback jersey...

Once again: GREAT JOB!

Vancouver Canucks

[iMAGE]

A very similar design I did was featured on icethetics and the title read, "Every Color Except Green." That is the purpose of this concept. Vancouver would look great with a green jersey and they also need to incorporate Johnny Canuck somehow. I've created a circle logo using the skating Johnny Canuck and placed the unused "VC" logo on the shoulders. Would you like to see Vancouver wearing something like this?

Another superb job... While I'm not a big fan of roundel logos, in this case it works perfectly because: 1) It's an elegant and effective way of using Johnny Canuck, and 2) This way you have the city name without having to use the big, awful VANCOUVER script current jerseys have.

I agree with other posters about the need to use green more as a primary color in the NHL (and the rest of pro sports in North America, for that matter)... I also agree that this design would look more classy and attractive without the silver stripes...

But once again, congrats on a great job!!!

Justin, I love the Sens home and away, but personally, I like the current version of that third better than yours. Not to say I don't like it, but I like that with a black base and the vintage white. Great work as always though. I hope I get this in an email for HJC soon.

Hello everyone. I've been really bust lately but finally got some down time to work on some concepts. As a lot of people requested, here's the Winnipeg Jets.

[iMAGE]

This started out as an all navy blue concept until I realized it looked just like a Blue Jackets jersey. But I changed the base color to blue and added some elements from their current uniform set. It was just missing something. I tried stripes, I tried various designs but nothing was working. Then I remembered a concept that used the military wings (in the alternate logo) on arm stripes. I tried using those and they worked beautifully! Afterwards I searched and searched for the concept I was thinking of and finally found it. It was a home/away concept by Steven Grant (SG-94). My concept actually turned out to be very similar to his, totally by accident. Thanks for the inspiration, Steven! I didn't mean to copy you. Any C&C is much appreciated. Have a great long weekend, everyone!

WOW!!! Another great effort, I'm delighted by the way you used red to enhance the look... Also the shoulder/sleeve piping is a nice nod to past Jets jerseys...

I think this would work great as the Jets' third jersey, but you would have to flip-flop the logos (shoulder-to-main crest and crest-to-shoulder)...

Congrats yet again!

Hello everyone, get excited, it's the weekend! Colorado is getting our first snow if the season so I decided to spend the night in and get some work done as well as a new concept!

When you talk about teams needing a new third jersey, the Blackhawks are always in the conversation. They're always a popular topic for concepts as well. Often a new twist on their Winter Classic jersey, a solid retro uni, or something fresh. My concept pokes at a little bit of everything.

HawksThird-JustinCox.png

The main base of the jersey design is based on the Hawks 2000's black third jersey. Basically a black version of the home/away set. I started off by replacing the classic head logo with the retro circle logo and went from there. I then added the tomahawk alternate logo on top of the arm stripes. This was largely inspired from their 1950's uniforms. I took the concept even further (as well as further outside my comfort zone) and placed the TV numbers on the shoulders, a move I'm still unsure about. The rest is pretty straight forward but I am happy with how it turned out. What do you think?

I hate it... but only because it's the Blackhawks. Taking off my bias coloured glasses reveals another solid, creative concept. Please start making away jerseys.

I'll start making always to my concept (check out my Sens) but this is intended as a third jersey. Also I agree about the Blackhawks bias. I try to stay away form the as much as possible.

I hate it... but only because it's the Blackhawks. Taking off my bias coloured glasses reveals another solid, creative concept. Please start making away jerseys.

I'll start making always to my concept (check out my Sens) but this is intended as a third jersey. Also I agree about the Blackhawks bias. I try to stay away form the as much as possible.

*away's (not always)

I love all of these concepts...they're amazing. Can you maybe do the Sharks, but please, with a new logo. I never liked the shark in the triangle look, maybe something a bit more fierce. Potentially also take out the burnt orange. Can't wait to see your next concept.

spacer.png

Hello everyone. I hope you're all having a swell weekend and finding all the hockey you can to keep yo'selves entertained! A lot of people lately have been telling me that I need to make a whole Wild set off of my original concept. Well... here's an update to the original concept as well as an away jersey. Ironically as I was creating the road jersey, HJC announced their Wild Re-Design comp. so I guess I'm killing two birds with one stone.

MinnesotaWild-JustinCox.png

Pretty straight forward here. I turned the basic original design into an away version. I chose to use a cream base because I wanted to eliminate white, COMPLETELY from the Wild's color scheme and I just think the cream and green compliment each other very well. At the same time I wanted to make the design unique and I believe the yokes, striping, colors, font do just that. I was going to make a third jersey but I think both their current home and alternate would make a good one so I just decided leave it a home/away set. What do you think? Would you like to see Parise and Suter (hopefully soon!) making their Minnesota debuts in threads like these?

I don't know if you saw, But I just mentioned on my Wild set that I thought the green and cream compliment each other very well that I made two Winter Classic jerseys with only those two colors which I think looks very well.

As for the jerseys you made. I can look past the slightly inconsistent striping as the jersey looks really great in cream. I'm not really diggin the red thing under the shoulder yokes.

Archived