2012 Schedule Posters

wILL-INI

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UMass

166033_231063000348718_822817518_n.jpg

Love that you can see the Patroits logos on the field. Might have been a smarter move to show the exterior of the stadium instead.

Easily could be intentional. Kraft is essentially letting UMass play there for free. Co-Marketing

Given that he was the Offensive Coordinator at Kent State from 1995-1997, I am surprised they don't face the Flashes.

Well, they had to redo the schedules in the MAC since Temple left. Kinda weird, IMO, since they are in the same division.

On 7/15/2012 at 8:56 AM, north dakota said:
On 7/9/2012 at 10:48 PM, THeavyweight said:

UMass

Did anybody else notice that they're using a black helmet for Ohio?

I had no idea UMass was going FBS. Seeing the Pats field there told me that they are probably playing a game there. To see that they are going to play all of their home games there...wow. That's lame. First off, they probably won't fill it even near 50%. Second, UMass is in Western Mass, so you've thinned out your local/student base. If they cannot make it in FBS on campus, then maybe they should not be FBS.

Is it the intent to play all their home games in Foxboro indefinitely, or just this year?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

UMass

I had no idea UMass was going FBS. Seeing the Pats field there told me that they are probably playing a game there. To see that they are going to play all of their home games there...wow. That's lame. First off, they probably won't fill it even near 50%. Second, UMass is in Western Mass, so you've thinned out your local/student base. If they cannot make it in FBS on campus, then maybe they should not be FBS.

Is it the intent to play all their home games in Foxboro indefinitely, or just this year?

Just this year and maybe next. They're renovating their current stadium in Amherst.

6fQjS3M.png

UMass

They will be playing at Gillette in order to elevate the program to an FBS level. The only reason that it cannot be done in Amherst is due to the poor status of the stadium. They will be at Gillette for every home game for two years guaranteed and most likely they will continue there for a few years.

Second, UMass is in Western Mass, so you've thinned out your local/student base. If they cannot make it in FBS on campus, then maybe they should not be FBS.

Supposedly, 60% of UMass' alumni live within one hour of Foxboro. So what the team will lose in student attendance, they'll make up in alumni presence.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Air Force has an awesome one

afa-sked-poster4-1024x768.jpg

I really like the concept. Wish they would have made it look more like a reflection, though.

sorry I couldn't find a bigger sized copy

xd8RG.jpg

Nice and simple. I really like it.

I really like the concept. Wish they would have made it look more like a reflection, though.

xd8RG.jpg

Nice and simple. I really like it.

I completely agree about Air Force. Nice concept, but the execution is lacking.

I do like what Oregon did...but I think the schedule text would look better if it were a little less transparent.

gYH2mW9.png

LSU's will be out in August; usually 1st made available on "Fan Day". Shortly afterward, it's a tradition that on one of my frequent trips up to Baton Rouge for meetings at the LADOTD, I stop by the Sports Information office on campus and pick up about ten to distribute to office mates and to mail to alum friends across the country.

SEC

Vandy 4f8857d0c4ee5.image.jpg

Didn't Vandy just announce a change in uniforms, and that they are going with a white helmet? So apparently, their schedule poster is incorrect.

USC SCAR%20FB%20Poster%20-%202012.jpg

Is it just me, or is Steve Spurrier finally showing his age?

It is what it is.

Vandy will have 3 helmets and the shirt in the poster is last year's. Didn't have the new ones ready for the photoshoot, or didn't want to reveal them then. Most teams getting new uniforms, have the old ones on the poster.

xd8RG.jpg

Oregon's are so plain, I want to not like them, but they work. Last years for comparision

Oregon+Ducks+2011+poster+schedule.jpg

Just a pic with the schedule, simple idea. and for it being Oregon, I think it's kind of ironic.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

New Air Force helmet or bad photoshop? The white helmets the last couple of years didn't have stripes...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

user20022_32.jpg

small image, but Mizzou's new schedule poster...

Montana's

another one of my fav teams, Montana's... I don't know why there is yellow though?

Man that Montana poster pretty nice. However it has a few things preventing it from being great in my mind.

-Needed to drop the yellow

-Change the Crillee typeface

-More work on the players (color correcting the helmets for the center and top left player is one thing that sticks out to me)

Old hat still does some of my favorite posters of all time.

the USC one you have listed is wrong. here is the real one. double sided.

2012-FB-poster.jpg

I wouldn't have put the two #7's next to each other.

usc has a real knack for assigning duplicate numbers to their offensive and defensive standouts...not the 1st time they've had their top players share numbers in the same season.

website-template_1.png

FSU getting their yearly Old Hat treatment... A solid poster, "let's play" is kinda lame, but I love the imagery old hat worked with. The arrowhead is underused... IMO

fb-poster2012-600x450.jpg

Another BCSer, just found Wake's

Buffalo

Then WizOfOdds latest release. Also Old Hat...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

usc has a real knack for assigning duplicate numbers to their offensive and defensive standouts...not the 1st time they've had their top players share numbers in the same season.

A lot of the bigger programs do this. I know LSU does this for a fact. But that still doesn't mean they had to have two # 7s on the poster. It just looks odd.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived