Iowa Football Concept (UPDATED)

TheOneAndOnlyMau

Hello all, its been a while.

Just got back from a study abroad program and needed to make some kind of concept. I had done an Iowa pro combat concept a while back and decided to build upon it a bit. I wanted to move away from the steelers look and give iowa a clean, streamlined, modern look. Not too much else to add. C&C welcome and appreciated.

Concept Sketches:

Conceptspage1.jpg

Conceptspage2.jpg

iowarebrandhome-01.png

iowarebrandaway-01.png

Final Design Booklet:

http://issuu.com/chris.maurer/docs/iowa_uniform_pres

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Great job putting the artwork into digitized form. I really wish I had either talent.

The only thing I would change would be to take the stripes off the helmet (leaving it stripeless) and make the home pants yellow/gold. The 3d effect on the number font is unneeded - I think if you kept that font and took out the shadow it'd look better.

Great concept - very modern, not too flashy, gets away from the Steelers look, harkens back to banana peels without being gaudy, and...just looks good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hey! Iowa can't wear this, the Steelers haven't!

Jokes aside, I like it. Shoulder Stripes look good and modern. And good job on drawing the templates. That's something I could never do. It may not look as professional, like the computer templates you made at the bottom, but it looks more impressive.

Sweet Jesus that's incredible! Honestly, that's the best Iowa concept I've ever seen, and I really hope that somehow they wear this in the future!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

As a lifelong Hawkeye fan, thanks for not changing the Tigerhawk. Enjoyed your concept. With the jerseys being fitted different recently, they lose the striped sleeves so I liked the shoulder stripes (slight nod to the mid-90s unis). Like others have said, would like to see more yellow incorporated throughout both uniforms. Also, I liked to see the rest of the digits as well.

Des Moines has a metro population of less than 600,000. No NFL ould work there.

Which has nothing to do with the concept, or this thread...

I vote you add back the yellow piping around the collar that was there in the initial sketches. I think that may balance it out nice. I actually like the lack of yellow pants, because it's different for them (and not like the Steelers).

Everything is flat out gorgeous, I just can't really see those cool helmet stripes that would bring the whole look together nicely. Make those more pronounced and I'm sold. Other then that I have nothing else to add that hasn't already been mentioned.

Midway.png

Archived