2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

No, just remove the black from the currents, if anything. The deeper blue and orange of the currents look so much better than the dull, faded colors on the throwbacks.

This

image.jpg

Looks better than this?

anthonyx-large.jpg

Strange how no one can seem to get a handle on if they are actually getting new jerseys

You picked a current jersey picture with terrible lighting. This blue is closer to how they actually look.

chauncey-billups-carmelo-anthony-f721304b1202665f.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, just remove the black from the currents, if anything. The deeper blue and orange of the currents look so much better than the dull, faded colors on the throwbacks.

This

Looks better than this?

Strange how no one can seem to get a handle on if they are actually getting new jerseys

Everytime I look at the throwbacks, I can't help but feel they just look wrong. I mean, I love the design; those were the jerseys I grew up with. But, something just seems off about them. I keep thinking they look too baggy, but at least in those pics, they don't seem any worse than the current one. The shorts are definitely baggier, and that contributes to the dissonance, but there's something else that's just "off" about the reproductions that I cant put my finger on.

It is true they look baggy... The Knicks added black in 95-96 just as uniforms were getting baggy. So for the most part the Knicks never really wore a baggy version if the non-black unis. I wouldn't mind if they had some stripes like the current ones do but just not black. White with blue stripes orange trim and blue with orange stripes white trim.

Yeah, the more I think about it, I think the bagginess really is the main problem. The current players just don't "fill out" the throwback jersey as much because of the extra material. That's probably why the current jerseys work with the extra side stripes/paneling. It gives the illusion of being a bit more streamlined despite the looser fit. I guess I'm one of the few that don't mind the black in that case(I really hated it when they first added the black in the sort of flared out, triangular pattern on the shorts; that was way too much, but when they streamlined it, it was much better), but I'd definitely be interested in seeing a mock up without any black.

The Knicks use black very well in thier uniforms IMO. The throwbacks just look "old". Maybe on a modern template or with a more fitted cut they'd look better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This

image.jpg

Looks better than this?

anthonyx-large.jpg

Everytime I look at the throwbacks, I can't help but feel they just look wrong. I mean, I love the design; those were the jerseys I grew up with. But, something just seems off about them. I keep thinking they look too baggy, but at least in those pics, they don't seem any worse than the current one. The shorts are definitely baggier, and that contributes to the dissonance, but there's something else that's just "off" about the reproductions that I cant put my finger on.

It is true they look baggy... The Knicks added black in 95-96 just as uniforms were getting baggy. So for the most part the Knicks never really wore a baggy version if the non-black unis. I wouldn't mind if they had some stripes like the current ones do but just not black. White with blue stripes orange trim and blue with orange stripes white trim.

Maybe it's me associating this uniform with success, but I always thought that black worked well with them and this set was so 90s and I really liked it

nykmia99.jpg

Go A's!

New uniforms have been in the works. With league approval required, it might have to be for 2013-14.

Beat writer for The Arizona Republic, Paul Coro, says that the Phoenix Suns may have new uniforms in 2013-14.

On the NBA store, Knicks released a player shirt for the Jason Kidd signing. Notice the difference? New Knicks emblem and the font for New York is different.

24eqdyd.png

Also the shirt is not on clearance like the other play shirts.

6iuolk.jpg

This old player shirts have the old secondary subway token logo on the back along with the old font.

http://store.nba.com...5067&cp=1421554

A sign of change coming.

If the Blazers change, I hope they go to a font similar to the Rip City font...which I guess is pretty close to their original font, anyway. The current font they use for the wordmark and number, even since it was updated slightly, feels dated.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On the NBA store, Knicks released a player shirt for the Jason Kidd signing. Notice the difference? New Knicks emblem and the font for New York is different.

24eqdyd.png

6iuolk.jpg

This old player shirts have the old secondary subway token logo on the back along with the old font.

A sign of change coming.

good catch

and it's a nice tweak imo

If the Blazers change, I hope they go to a font similar to the Rip City font...which I guess is pretty close to their original font, anyway. The current font they use for the wordmark and number, even since it was updated slightly, feels dated.

If you're worried about datedness, why do you want them to go to something that looks like Bauhaus, the definitive '70s-qua-'70s typeface? What they have now is too bland to be dated.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the knicks tweaks are nothing new. i believe the NBA thread last year detailed the new Bug and logo changes. changes werent made in time for last year, i believe.

i dont believe the uniforms are scheduled to change, minus the updated marks. (similar to toronoto and the maple leaf/claw mark)

24eqdyd.png

6iuolk.jpg

A sign of change coming.

good catch

and it's a nice tweak imo

Is it different just because it's a jersey shirt or will the Knicks new jersey (if they update) update the wordmark like it is on the Kidd shirt which IMO looks better. Even though I don't know how it would look on a jersey..

Sorry, I must have missed something but what is that logo on the back of the new Knicks shirt? In the spot where the orange NYK used to be?

It's this logo:

ucb47iiggt6671oa3h82od97t.gif

but honestly I like the NYK "subway coin" logo better, even though MTA doesn't actually use them anymore.

Sorry, I must have missed something but what is that logo on the back of the new Knicks shirt? In the spot where the orange NYK used to be?

It's this logo:

ucb47iiggt6671oa3h82od97t.gif

but honestly I like the NYK "subway coin" logo better, even though MTA doesn't actually use them anymore.

Ditto, and the reason why is best represented on those shirts. You can't even make out what the new secondary says on the Kidd shirt [at least I can't on my computer], while the old subway token logo is simple and clean enough that you can tell what it is.

With that being said, I like the idea of the new token paying homage to one of the Knicks' older logos, but I think they could've tried something else, maybe a twist on their old apple logo?

24eqdyd.png

As I zoomed in on the image, I noticed that there might just be a silver trim around the word New York. It could just be the stitching, but I thought I'd point that out anyway.

Archived