2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this was in Houston, but meh

james-harden-rockets-court-vision.jpg?w=610&h=425

btw. Rockets haven't worn the regular roads in a loooong time. I've mentioned it before, anyone know anything on a possible upgrade to the Rockets set next year? It's just curious how often they have worn the alts this year. I can't remember a team that wore alts as often as these Rockets. maybe the navy blue lebron cavs? but not this often

Man I really hope they don't wear these but I fully expect them too. Like I've stated before, I like the colors, but I don't like these jerseys. I will be disappointed if these become our primary's next yr.

What I really want is a dream era redesign. I assume the players like wearing thee though because they can rock yellow shoes better.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see the heat mostly in red on the road.

I haven't been watching, but from what I've read today, the Hawks broke out the gradient throwbacks and the Spurs, of all teams, are wearing their alternates. So much for keeping things standard in the postseason.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Do the Nuggets often wear yellow at home? Weird to see two color vs. color games, and in the playoffs no less.

EDIT: Also, "blackout" looks like no one's there. Not so sure that was a good idea.

The White Sox did a blackout for their 163 against the Twins in 2008. It looked weird, like there wasn't anyone there, but also like there was an eerie sense of undulating movement in the stands. I imagine this Nets blackout looks worse, since it's indoors and it's already pretty dark in The Discreet Rusty Charm Of The Bourgeoisie. Karmic retribution for 2007, when the Raptors tried to get everyone to wear red, then the Nets came into town wearing their red alternates.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, the Bulls' playoff theme has been "See Red" for a while, so it'd be interesting if the Bulls and Nets wore red and black for all 4-7 games.

I'd doubt it, the Bulls have always worn white at home in the playoffs during the See Red campaign.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I haven't been watching, but from what I've read today, the Hawks broke out the gradient throwbacks and the Spurs, of all teams, are wearing their alternates. So much for keeping things standard in the postseason.

Nope

But yeah, you're right. These series only one game in and I'm kinda floored with the amount of weird uniform match-ups the NBA has tossed out.

Think we need an NHL-style rule where if you're going to wear an alt, then guess what, that's what you're wearing this postseason. It might discourage some of these.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

NBA has always been less strict with playoff jerseys than the NHL. Remember when the Nets wore throwbacks in the Finals? It is crazy that we have already seen alternates from San Antonio, Denver, Miami, and the Nets wearing Black at home. Especially surprised at San Antonio. They have such a classic look, I never thought they would use an alt jersey foe the playoffs.

I wonder if the Heat will be wearing white on white for all of their home games. Could they possibly wear 4 jerseys in the playoffs? (White, White on White, Black, Red) Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see LA wear white, or Indiana wear yellow

At this point, I'd be stunned if the Heat didn't start unveiling new alternates for each round of the playoffs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

At this point, I'd be stunned if the Heat didn't start unveiling new alternates for each round of the playoffs.

They have enough. They have the White Hot, nWo and 90s throwback. Add on to their regular home whites, road blacks and alternate reds, plenty to rotate around

Go A's!

NBA has always been less strict with playoff jerseys than the NHL. Remember when the Nets wore throwbacks in the Finals? It is crazy that we have already seen alternates from San Antonio, Denver, Miami, and the Nets wearing Black at home. Especially surprised at San Antonio. They have such a classic look, I never thought they would use an alt jersey foe the playoffs.

I wonder if the Heat will be wearing white on white for all of their home games. Could they possibly wear 4 jerseys in the playoffs? (White, White on White, Black, Red) Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see LA wear white, or Indiana wear yellow

Game 4 is scheduled for Sunday so it's very likely to see Lakers in white.

Game 4 is scheduled for Sunday so it's very likely to see Lakers in white.

Since the 2002-2003 season, the Lakers have worn white for all Sunday games (including the playoffs and Finals) and regular season special events (Opening Night, Christmas, MLK Day, etc). So that "very likely" is in all purposes a "definite" of them wearing white.

Archived