2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

My go at what the Nuggs uni could look like (by combining the traditional rainbow-sky template with their current home/away template):

DEN-alt-1213.png

I might scoop a Lawson uni if it looks like this! Love it!

Might as well add a Lego 2x2 advertisement on the jersey.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the NBA uniform heads, I just updated the Spurs & Suns sections of the site (mothership). If anybody has a better idea of the years certain uniforms were in use, particularly with the Spurs, please let me know.

I also have yet to make all the changes that came along with the adidas 'Rev 30' alterations. Mainly because I dislike them, things like the Grizzlies losing the inline to the numbers, the Hawks losing the bevel to their numbers, unique collars going to odd wishbone archetype or some other. Not sure if I'm motivated enough to make those changes yet.

For all the NBA uniform heads, I just updated the Spurs & Suns sections of the site (mothership). If anybody has a better idea of the years certain uniforms were in use, particularly with the Spurs, please let me know.

A few dates were slightly off - I've left corrections in the comment section of each respective uni.

I also have yet to make all the changes that came along with the adidas 'Rev 30' alterations. Mainly because I dislike them, things like the Grizzlies losing the inline to the numbers, the Hawks losing the bevel to their numbers, unique collars going to odd wishbone archetype or some other. Not sure if I'm motivated enough to make those changes yet.

I need to find pics, but the Spurs wore some horrific shorts back in the early '80s - the striping on the back of the shorts represented a "saddle" of sorts.

They looked like they had a "heart" pattern on their butts.

...still looking for pics.

However, here's a shot of James Silas from that era...it doesn't show the back of the shorts, but as you can see, the striping curved towards the back - making that "heart" shape I was referring to:

silas2_240_spurs_display_image.jpg?1329419381

Yeah, home unis only, from '77-81. Such an odd thing, seems there purely to draw attention to the arse. I wonder why it never caught on...

I believe you mean it started in the 77-78 season and went to 1981....Horrid

http://whosbestnbateam.blogspot.com/

On the hill we view the silence of the valley, Called to witness cycles only of the past, And we reach all this with movements in between the said remark

Close to the edge, down by the river, Down at the end, round by the corner

Seasons will pass you by, Now that it's all over and done, called to the seed, right to the sun, Now that you find now that you're whole

Seasons will pass you by, I get up, I get down -Yes

Saw this linked on HornetsReport. It looks like teams might get multiple versions of the WC jerseys.

EjdQyh.jpg

While I understand that there's something to be appreciated about minimalism, this is just lazy.

What makes it 'lazier' than any other example of minimalism?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, home unis only, from '77-81. Such an odd thing, seems there purely to draw attention to the arse. I wonder why it never caught on...

Yeah, you get what I meant. I only discovered those shorts fairly recently, when doing research for another uni site. Not a lot of images of those shorts out there, although there's some great video on Youtube...

The latest Spurs jerseys with the v-neck, thinner trim, and white waist band need to be added. I guess that would be considered a part of the Adidas 'Rev 30' alterations you have yet to make.

Yeah, you get what I meant. I only discovered those shorts fairly recently, when doing research for another uni site. Not a lot of images of those shorts out there, although there's some great video on Youtube...

Yeah, I remember those when they were out. I just didn't remember them lasting for 4 seasons before they went to the simple stripes around the bottom of the shorts. I guess I was just blocking it out. <_<

Apparently 12 teams will be wearing throwbacks this season.

Jersey Spotlight // 2012-2013 Retro Nights adidas REV30 Lineup

As part of their plans to outfit the upcoming 2012-2013 NBA season, adidas Basketball will launch a new Retro Nights REV30 collection of throwback uniforms for twelve of the league's thirty teams. These will all be thankfully ad patch free too.

With a lineup of insanely classic 90's jerseys that perfectly capture the large graphics and expressive design style of the era, we'll see several favorites of jersey enthusiasts on the return. Most notably, there's the "Big" series of screened graphics that includes the Big Hawk, Big Raptor, Big Rocket, Big Buck, Jazz Mountains and Suns Fireball.

We'll also see alternate classics like the black Bulls jersey from the end of MJ's reign in Chicago, along with the Heat's red alternate uniform that T-Bug and Zo repped so well. As you can imagine, my personal favorite of the batch is the unevenly split yet awesome Kings Checkerboard (with the Suns Fireball coming in second.) What can I say, I have a Mitch Richmond Checkerboard authentic framed at my place.

Do you have a favorite team? As excited as I am to cop a Michael Beasley Suns Fireball or a DeShawn Stevenson Big Hawk jersey? As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that would've made this lineup better is road unis for Toronto and Indiana, and perhaps the inclusion of the teal Pistons and blue pinstripe Magic unis.

Let us know what you think in the comments section below and vote away for your favorite in the poll below.

adidas%20Retro%20Nights.jpeg

http://solecollector.com/news/jersey-spotlight-2012-2013-retro-nights-adidas-rev30-lineup/

Can't wait to see these in action. I'm especially looking forward to the Raptors, Suns, Jazz, and Hawks.

I was never in love with the Bulls pinstripes. They're kind of cool, but I'd put them about equal to the current black alternates they have now.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That Pacers set is NOT insanely classic. It ain't even halfway classic.

FloJo...THAT was insanely classic. Why didn't they reincarnate those for this promotion??? :cursing:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived