2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Following up on the 90s unis to be seen in the NBA this season, after perusing the uni sheets, it looks like we'll only be seeing these unis:

This means we'll be missing out on seeing the Jazz, Sixers, Cavs, Raptors, and Rockets 90s-era unis. Boo. :(

What uni sheets? Just wondering where you saw this confirmed. Thanks.

Uniform sheets are available through the Media Central of NBA.com. That's priveledged information, however.

As for the "leaked" Pelicans logo, I don't believe it. Yes, it's a solid design, but i'm still skeptical. I also just realized that the logo itself isn't even centered on the cap. Look at the centerline. :lol:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following up on the 90s unis to be seen in the NBA this season, after perusing the uni sheets, it looks like we'll only be seeing these unis:

cxn2wgcl8onwair6oo25ezrmy.gif4uuei2mxoux6yflhgifgvlpn6.gif

4erepkchfs6lqmdzrc7hdedph.gif6mgv810vq9she1gfefgi175p7.gif

2mfvbvr35etmph7g34eveeh5o.gif9xwhs1zpsrieo36sdhgfzud1b.gif

fijf5xyhiujpfrfee1aqzg4fg.gif

This means we'll be missing out on seeing the Jazz, Sixers, Cavs, Raptors, and Rockets 90s-era unis. Boo. :(

Suck that there won't be the Jazz, Sixers, Cavs, Raptors, and Rockets 90s-era unis...stupid NBA

This Player guy was quite the journeyman, wasn't he?

Somebody posted this on RealGM - supposedly, this is a leak of the Pelicans' logo:

PelicanLogo_zps549e8c8d.jpg

I feel like the word mark is going to make or break this logo, assuming it's legit.

I recall reading an interview a Jazz blogger had with either GM-turned-VP-of-Basketball-Operations Kevin O'Connor or Team President Randy Rigby and he said that those mountain jerseys "Weren't very popular" or something to that effect. I'm no fan of the late 1990s/early 2000s mountain look by any means, but they do have some nostagia to them--those were the uniforms that the team wore in the Finals years. I wouldn't have minded seeing those maybe a couple of times a year.

I'm glad that the Rockets uniforms aren't being used. I hated those IMO. I'm so-so on the other teams.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I feel the same about the Rocket's pinstripes as I do about the Bulls, I don't love em' but I don't mind them wearing them.

It would be fantastic if the Suns could somehow reinvent thier current identity and use the 90's era uniform style. Those have to be one of my favorite uniform design elements of all time.

What uni sheets? Just wondering where you saw this confirmed. Thanks.

As for the "leaked" Pelicans logo, I don't believe it. Yes, it's a solid design, but i'm still skeptical. I also just realized that the logo itself isn't even centered on the cap. Look at the centerline. :lol:

I wouldn't look too much into that as aligning it with the centerline would actually make it look off-centered in relation to the cap.

This week in class, a bunch of my friends were raving about how cool the Christmas Day uniforms were. After explaining how flawed and ugly they were, they called me an old man who didn't appreciate the modern design...I have zero hope for my generation.

maehl.png

This week in class, a bunch of my friends were raving about how cool the Christmas Day uniforms were. After explaining how flawed and ugly they were, they called me an old man who didn't appreciate the modern design...I have zero hope for my generation.

Well people that really pay attention to uniform design are kind of a small niche.. I rarely talk about uniforms in day to day conversation because people just don't really look at it like we do.

http://youtu.be/xfxCyfDXwAI

Well people that really pay attention to uniform design are kind of a small niche.. I rarely talk about uniforms in day to day conversation because people just don't really look at it like we do.

There seems to be an increasing interest in unfiroms with all of the constant releases and thousands of alternates though. Unfortunately the general public genrally has horrible opinions.

maehl.png

Archived