2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PACIADKJMPKAMJLC.jpg

God, I've forgotten how awful that uniform set was. I'm not a HUGE fan of their current uniforms, but they're a lot better than that mess.

Just terrible. Besides the overly complex primary logo (a three-step layering process of Yellow, Black and Rhodamine Red), the Heat used custom colors for the Red, Orange and Yellow in the uniforms...

MiamiHeat_UNG03a_1998_SCC_SRGB.png

No, that set was far, far better than the crap they currently wear. And the red was the worst of the three. The shadow was off on those numbers, but just a few small tweaks were needed.

Wow. You and I live in alternate universes then.

On 1/28/2013 at 11:48 AM, ColorWerx said:

Does anyone really think THIS looks like good uniform design?:

The black from that era was definitely my favorite Heat look ever. I tend to agree with the Old Roman that Miami has gotten worse.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Some may say those old Heat uniforms are ok because of nostalgia (I'm just assuming, dont kill me), but these just don't work, not for the 90s and definitely not for today. It looks like a complete rush job and decided, "Well drop shadows are in style these days, so what the heck, throw it in there!" and called it a set. I feel as though they could do better than the uniforms and logos they have now. Personally, I think they should use some of those unused logos they had if they're ever to rebrand. And like Lights Out said, the Floridans are, by far, the best the Heat have.

I'm curious why people don't like the current Heat uniforms. I remember reading it in the past and was surprised by it. Their current set definitely isn't top five in the league or anything, but I've always thought they were good.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Heat uniforms are fine. I think it would make more sense for the red jersey to be the road jersey since the home definitely has more red than black, but really all of their uniforms are passable designs. I loved the Floridans throwbacks though, and wish they could become a full-time alternate.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I'm not a fan of any of Miami's unis, but I have a major beef with the Floridians throwbacks - they're not supposed to have the name on the uni:

6064B_lg.jpeg

Inaccurate throwbacks are probably my biggest uniform-related bugbear...

Does anyone really think THIS looks like good uniform design?:

MiamiHeat_UNG01a_1998_SCC_SRGB.png

I like the aysemeteical striping and the wordmark on the shorts.The logos and the drop shadow are pretty bad though. Potential, but it falls short.

I'm not a fan of any of Miami's unis, but I have a major beef with the Floridians throwbacks - they're not supposed to have the name on the uni:

I could be wrong about this, but I believe there may be a rule about having the location name or nickname on the front of the jersey...I'm thinking it was intentional (at least, more marketable for merchandise sales)...

I could be wrong about this, but I believe there may be a rule about having the location name or nickname on the front of the jersey...I'm thinking it was intentional (at least, more marketable for merchandise sales)...

But, if that was the case what's up with the Spurs grey "u" alt? Does that count?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I don't mind the Miami Heat's uniforms, they're not the best, but there are many worse in my opinion (Thunder come immediately to mind)... But after seeing those Miami Floridians throwbacks... I love that set, and to me it made the Miami Heat's current uniforms look a tad bland in my eyes.

Archived