2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBJ-_0NCMAItBA3.png

BBT_9sXCEAAnaCn.png

...and these go on sale to the public when? :wub:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Suns looked awesome tonight. One of my favorite jerseys in NBA history. Might even dare to say I like the blacks better than the purps.

That bucks set looks nice, too.

Some may say those old Heat uniforms are ok because of nostalgia (I'm just assuming, dont kill me), but these just don't work, not for the 90s and definitely not for today. It looks like a complete rush job and decided, "Well drop shadows are in style these days, so what the heck, throw it in there!" and called it a set. I feel as though they could do better than the uniforms and logos they have now. Personally, I think they should use some of those unused logos they had if they're ever to rebrand. And like Lights Out said, the Floridans are, by far, the best the Heat have.

Growing up in Miami I never liked that set (partially due to being a Bulls fan, as I'm named Jordan), but they incite a pleasant sort of nostalgia now, maybe in a crappy HS uniform kinda way. I don't know what I find more egregious, the drop shadows on the road sets or the 50,000 borders on the whites. I remember thinking all of those borders looked horrible as a tiny tot.

The new sets are better, but I'm tired of the generic Nike kit from the late-90s/early-aughts. The number font/slant is probably what bothers me most about them. Been hoping for an update for the past few seasons, though I don't think it's urgent.

When you say unused logos, are you talking about the old hoop-flame with the black rim?

I like the white Floridians, but don't think the black works too well.

The Heat uniforms are fine. I think it would make more sense for the red jersey to be the road jersey since the home definitely has more red than black, but really all of their uniforms are passable designs. I loved the Floridans throwbacks though, and wish they could become a full-time alternate.

I think they keep black as the main road jersey to separate themselves from the Bulls. Now you also have the Raptors rocking the red with black alts in the East. At least Portland is way out west. Still, when I was a kid and a Bulls fanatic, I looked at the local Heat as a little brother, "wannabe" to my big bad Bulls. Harold Miner didn't help.

Would like to see Miami incorporate more yellow/orange into their uniforms to differentiate from those teams. Conversely, that big yellow lane needs to go.

I would love to see the Milwaukee Bucks return to the forest green/purple color scheme. It was really unique. I can't wait until the Bucks wear those uniforms.

No, no, no, no ... Green Rainbows sans the red.

The fact that the Bucks still have yet to throw back to any version of the Irish Rainbows is just further proof of how woefully out of touch they are with (what's left of) their fanbase.

Suns looked awesome tonight. One of my favorite jerseys in NBA history. Might even dare to say I like the blacks better than the purps.

Those Suns unis are also some of my favorites ever. That being said, at the time I also preferred the black to the purple. The black set seemed brighter, as weird as that is to say. While the black highlights made the purple jersey dreary, the purple and orange really popped off the black unis.

In retrospect, considering franchise history and all-around aesthetics, black shouldn't have been included in the set. It wasn't used on the home unis outside of dropshadows (and lines on the ball/sun). If they took the purple unis, made the orange accents white and the black accents orange, it would have looked better, been brighter and made for a stronger uniform all-around.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I understand the Bucks always wore red/green until the 1990's and they won their only championship wearing those colors, but I always liked how purple/green looked together. Even the bucks going back to forest green/lime green would be nice if they won't go back to green/purple.

I just can't stand their red alternate uniforms: Looks too much like the Bulls in my opinion, and that's not a good thing to look like such a big rival, and especially a rival who fills up the Bradley Center with their fans and makes it feel like a road game for the Bucks. Lol.

Despite what Bucks fans want as a color scheme, most unanimously want this back to be used on the sides of the uniforms:

944830_1_l.jpg

I understand the Bucks always wore red/green until the 1990's and they won their only championship wearing those colors, but I always liked how purple/green looked together. Even the bucks going back to forest green/lime green would be nice if they won't go back to green/purple.

I just can't stand their red alternate uniforms: Looks too much like the Bulls in my opinion, and that's not a good thing to look like such a big rival, and especially a rival who fills up the Bradley Center with their fans and makes it feel like a road game for the Bucks. Lol.

Despite what Bucks fans want as a color scheme, most unanimously want this back to be used on the sides of the uniforms:

944830_1_l.jpg

I prefer the lime green version, but if they wanted to go back to that and replace lime green with purple, I'd be all for it. My problem with the Bucks' purple and green uniforms is that they were predominantly purple when they'd always worn green. Had purple been the secondary color, I wouldn't have had a problem with them. In fact, I like green/purple as a combo better than green/red.

BTW, the "Bulls fans take over the Bradley Center" thing is a very recent phenomenon. Transplanted Chicagoans in Wisconsin are some of the most fairweather fans on earth (outside of Kenosha County, anyway).

That was my issue with the purple/green uniforms also.

bucks16.jpg

Alternate the purple and green, and smack the rainbow pattern on BOTH sides (instead of having only one side panel on this uniform set) and it'll look great.

Ahh, so now I understand. I watch and follow basketball to an extant, but nowhere near like how I would with baseball and football you know? It's just I went to the Bucks and Bulls game yesterday, and I was astounded by the amount of Bulls fans. The Bucks were getting booed at the Bradley Center!

I'm not a fan of any of Miami's unis, but I have a major beef with the Floridians throwbacks - they're not supposed to have the name on the uni:

6064B_lg.jpeg

Inaccurate throwbacks are probably my biggest uniform-related bugbear...

Take the numbers off and that's a cute little dress.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived