2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Pretty cool that almost all of the Throwbacks except the Pacers are from the 1996-97 season, the season I first started getting into the NBA as a kid. It makes me feel old though, damn...

I started the same season. That's why I wouldn't mind more of those throwbacks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen any information on the warmups that will be worn alongside these new hardwood classics?

I'm curious, because to go with the jerseys, there were some pretty sick warmups back in the day.

Wondering whether or not Adidas will bring these back out, or come up with a low-key jacket/shooting shirt...

Here's the hawks:

024_6172A_lg.jpeg

People like this crap?

Yet somehow, it's not the ugliest uniform on the court. The wordmark and number shadowing suck eggs for Miami, and it's hard to read the numbers as they run up the court. The only thing these uniforms have going for them is that they're red.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

That was the Hawks worst look in my opinion. However, after watching the games, I think the Suns and Pacers need to go back to those looks ASAP and keep it. The Suns black uniform really made the purple and orange seem bright and beautifully popped out. And the Pacers just look classy in that style.

I loved the Bulls white warm-ups from the 90s. It's a shame that warm-ups became standardized with the rest of everything that isn't the actual uniforms. At least the Celtics still have their contrasting name plates now.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

bah where are the raptors jerseys!

I don't even care if they don't wear them, at least sell them. the NBA store even has a McGrady one but only in youth sizes

Mitchell & Ness has McGrady and Vince Carter. High priced but worth it if you're a huge fan I suppose.

http://mitchellandne...rs/Jerseys.aspx

yeah a Soul Swingman is a third of that and surely I could find a sale or coupon code or something. oh well

vintage Champion or Nike authentics cost even more than the M&N yikes

1zgyd8w.jpg

I wish at some points that teams would do a complete release of when alternates, throwbacks or any other special uniforms would be worn. The reason for all this is I have a spreadsheet put together of all this stuff and damn it is a pain finding everything from all the games that are played daily. Not having the NBA League pass doesn't help either. I do have the NBA TV channel but I don't have the time to bother with it really.

they chose the wrong pacers uniform.. the mid-90's triangle stripe was way better. Plus, these aren't even that old...isn't 7 years a little too recent to throw back to?

The pinstripe Pacer units belonged to the most powerful Indiana teams of the late 1990s/early 2000s (the only team to go to the Finals and the team that nearly ended Michael Jordan's 6th title hopes), so the NBA probably thought that "historically these meant more for the franchise, so we'll go with these." The mid 90s units ("triangle stripes") were good for the Reggie and Spike shows during their battles, but probably nothing else.

I do have the NBA TV channel but I don't have the time to bother with it really.
I wish at some points that teams would do a complete release of when alternates, throwbacks or any other special uniforms would be worn. The reason for all this is I have a spreadsheet put together of all this stuff

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just watched the Pacers/Heat highlights. Hands down, that's how the Pacers should look. I know a lot of people hate it, and I know their new (bland) set appeals to the design crowd who suckle from the teat of simplicity, but the streaks of gold and beautiful navy pinstripes make the white of the uniform glow. It felt great to watch the Pacers look like the Pacers for the first time in many years.

[/awaits backlash]

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I do have the NBA TV channel but I don't have the time to bother with it really.
I wish at some points that teams would do a complete release of when alternates, throwbacks or any other special uniforms would be worn. The reason for all this is I have a spreadsheet put together of all this stuff

+1

Just watched the Pacers/Heat highlights. Hands down, that's how the Pacers should look. I know a lot of people hate it, and I know their new (bland) set appeals to the design crowd who suckle from the teat of simplicity, but the streaks of gold and beautiful navy pinstripes make the white of the uniform glow. It felt great to watch the Pacers look like the Pacers for the first time in many years.

[/awaits backlash]

I agree, the pinstripe Pacers' look is far better than I ever gave it credit for.

[/awaits backlash]

I agree, the pinstripe Pacers' look is far better than I ever gave it credit for.

In comparison to the overly simplistic, characterless milquetoast sets they have now, you dang skippy they are. The yellow sidepanels really sey them off (on the primaries, anyway)...but that extra outline on the scripts and the numbers really muddied them up, almost to the point of being illegible especially when set up against those pinstripes. Overall, though, it was a good look—but it still wasn't better than the Flo-Jos. B)

Matter of fact, as a shameless plug ( :P ), here's something ain't none of y'all never seen before...because this is the first time I've ever posted it:

INDpacers_stylebook3a_zpse82b9bbc.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived